What's your carb goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    mine are at 40 or less a day, but most days I hit 30 or less (total, not net. Net I'm in the teens to 20s)
    Keto has been the ONLY thing that has helped me lose weight. I was totally skeptical, then 5 lbs went, then 10, now 20.... without a stitch of exercise. I'll add that in soon enough! :)
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not your enemy, but abusing sugar may be. No foods are the enemy, just how we eat them. I eat a good and balanced, healthy diet and my numbers almost always come up just right. Now if you want to cut back so it helps you, by all means experiment. Some people say they never pay attention to macros, but if you want a sensible and normal eating plan, you really should pay attention to them. The main thing is not only the calorie counting, but getting the proper nutrition to fuel this machine so it can burn the pounds away. Make sense?
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    60% . There is no need to limit carbs unless you have a medical condition. Deprivation normally leads to people craving and binging
    Any specific medical conditions, other than diabetes?

You mean that would require people to limit carbs?...all varying degrees of T1 & T2 Diabetes, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, & certain seizure conditions to name a few.

edited to add cancer need to eat too, so I'm pretty sure depending on the circumstances, limiting can be beneficial.

I love carbs....find it hard to keep to Macro of 40%, upped it to 60 and feel more satisfied on this....tried increasing protein, but calories were then a problem. Any suggestions?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Easy answer = increase activity :wink:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Easy answer = increase activity :wink:
    [/quote

!
    Doing the easy answer!:wink:
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    I stick to 60 a day, though a few over isn't a major disaster. Strawberries, raspberries, almonds, etc.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    How do people cut carbs so low besides by eating ground beef all day?

I would love to eat ground beef all day!

10 - 20% depending on my exercise for that day.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 30% Carbs, 30% Fat & 40% Fat. I am usually under my carb intake though which is fine with me.
  • KeairaSedai
    KeairaSedai Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine is 20%, 56 grams. My dietician put me on a low carb diet and so far it's the only thing that's worked. (after trying to lose weight for 4 years). The first few days I felt very hungry and thought I wasn't going to last, but as soon as you force through, your sugar levels / insuline levels balance out and hunger fades.

For skeptics, it's part of returning to our basics.. back in the prehistoric times we didn't eat half as many carbs as we do now. No bread, no sugars, no potatoes and other stuffs. (Mind you, I love potatoes, but I'm learning to live without)

Ever since cutting carbs I have started weight loss, my intestine problems are going away and, after a few days, hunger was completely gone and I am full much quicker than before, and more satisfied.

What do I eat? Salads, a lot of fish, meat, eggs, occasionally dairy like yogurt / greek yogurt, goat cheese, and lots of vegetables and some fruit.
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    As many as I can after my protein and fat goals are reached.

The same ^^ ....which allows me up to 150 grams of carbs a day depending where my fat and protein falls