Need advice on my current situation

Options
I have a question that some of you may be able to assist me with. I work 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. I also try and workout 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I can only do 4. Lately I have been feeling really tired and have no desire to keep that pace up. Do you think I need to increase my calorie intake from 1900 to higher or cut back on the working out? Mind you I do not have the best diet and my food selection is limited.

Replies

• bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    dont even know your stats

just drink coffee before lifting
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Are you sleeping enough? I work the same schedule and days I work out I find It's hard to be in bed to get 8 hours and often get 6-7...
    Could also be the lack of calories.. you could try adding a bit and seeing if it helps after a week or 2.
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your advice. To answer your question concerning my sleep patterns. I try to get 6.5-7 hours a night.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Its hard pal, I have a similar routine, I work 12 hours in minus 28 all day and after work it takes me a hour to get home or to the gym, by then I am exhausted too.
  • TierraButler
    TierraButler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think you should get more sleep and workout as much as you can or eat healthy so you want gain weight.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey Bro! Suggest cutting back. That workout schedule is conflicting with the number of hours your body needs to rest and recover. I found that I used to be able to get by on 5-6 hours, but am starting to notice that I see better results and feel better when I get closer to 7-8 hours. I tend to work out 5-6 days a week.

Suggest caloric uptake be the last thing you play with. Try increasiing sleep first; then reducing the number of workouts; then caloric intake.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 year old woman and I am losing weight eating almost 1800 calories a day (I do work out 5-6 days a week doing heavy lifting and intense cardio). I would imagine you need to eat more as a man, especially if you are working out.

Working out 4 days a week might not be the issue. It depends what you are doing, the intensity, and how much you are fueling your body before and after.

I didn't work out for a year when I commuted for nearly 4 hours each day. It was a crappy grind of a schedule and I was exhausted even without working out. I bet if I had worked out, I would have managed my stress better and felt more energized. But that is just me.