Hit a wall...looking for support/suggestions

Options
lwielgosz
lwielgosz Posts: 12 Member
I have been working to reach my gloal of losing 100+ pounds on and off since sept. It took quite a while to see results which is why it was so hard to stay motivated. Now that I have lost 30lbs I have hit a wall and have been up and down (around 3-5 lbs) no matter what I do. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have completely changed my eating habits. Track all of my food and beverage calories as well as my calories burned. HELP!!!

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If your needing 100 pounds to be where you want and at a stand still then i mean are you sneaking snacks in you shouldn't? It shouldn't be difficult for an overweight person to lose weight if they have the ratio of calories to being active right. One usually stops when they are much closer to ones goal than just 100+ You really need to stay active and cut the calories at a healthy but reasonable amount and be consistent about it. I am too at a standstill, but, I'm dealing with stubborn 15 and thats where one really takes a challenge but idk dude-dont know what your daily routine is and its the best place to start-do an inventory-go to a cross fit gym and see what they advise you is my best advise-peace love and hair grease!
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I have been working to reach my gloal of losing 100+ pounds on and off since sept. It took quite a while to see results which is why it was so hard to stay motivated. Now that I have lost 30lbs I have hit a wall and have been up and down (around 3-5 lbs) no matter what I do. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have completely changed my eating habits. Track all of my food and beverage calories as well as my calories burned. HELP!!!

The answer to your question is in your diary. Weigh, measure and log everything.
  • lwielgosz
    lwielgosz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been logging everything!!! I measure every serving size and scan bar codes to make sure everything is accurate. It is sooooo frustrating. I need some advice please. :-(
  • ShermanKi
    ShermanKi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make sure to pay attention to your sodium intake as well , it makes a difference . I would suggest eating non processed foods.
  • maryoracle
    maryoracle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 pounds in the past and have experienced the plateau you described. Felt very stuck and very tempted to give up. What worked for me was understanding that my body was concerned that we were facing a potential famine and holding onto every calorie. It actually helped me to go up in calories (somewhere between goal and calculated maintainence) for a week or two and then go back to goal calories. Hope that helps!