Not hungry!

Options
alodiaa
alodiaa Posts: 22 Member
I'm finding that since beginning to work out again I eat little to no food and really have to push myself to eat, and struggle to eat more than 500/600kcals a day. Does anybody have any idea as to why I'm not hungry or ways to get myself to eat more?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hunger really isnt a good indication on how much you should be eating since it's controlled by hormones (leptin and ghrelin) and those hormones can easily be effected by things that have nothing to do with what you're putting in your body and when

i know one huge appetite suppresant for me is when I do HIIT and sprinting on a regular basis.

i'd suggest setting alarm reminders on your phone reminding you to eat.
  • alodiaa
    alodiaa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hunger really isnt a good indication on how much you should be eating since it's controlled by hormones (leptin and ghrelin) and those hormones can easily be effected by things that have nothing to do with what you're putting in your body and when

i know one huge appetite suppresant for me is when I do HIIT and sprinting on a regular basis.

i'd suggest setting alarm reminders on your phone reminding you to eat.

I'll try that! Thanks so much.

I'm doing Insanity plus the gym and workout classes so I did think that perhaps the heavy amount of cardio could be the issue.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Working out can make you less hungry. It does me.

I am in recovery from anorexia and honestly hunger didn't hit till I exercised less and ate more. Sounds crazy, but when you don't eat your body just decided not to bother anymore with signals to eat. I mean, if you are not gonna eat...why waste the energy is what your body thinks.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I also tend to struggle a bit with this, and usually end up making myself eat! >.<
  • Banana891
    Banana891 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have the same problem. I usually work through lunch and end up having to consume a ton of calories within a short window. I force myself to eat even when I'm not hungry. Try eating calories dense foods like almonds or peanut butter. It'll help you get your calories up without eating a huge amount of food. That's whats worked for me!
    :-)
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When I lift, my appetite skyrockets. When I do cardio, it comes down quite a bit. Maybe try adding some lifting into your workout if you haven't already?

Also, the absolute easiest thing to do is to eat more calorie dense foods.