New Guy who wants a New Life

Options
I am a 33 year old male that is around the 470 mark and 6'5. I lost my job 6 years ago and it put me in a depressed state that I have to get out of. Now the only hope I have of keeping my family is to get up and get my life back together. At this point this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am going to face it head on. So I hope to find some friends on here who are dealing with the same thing. That way we can do this together and keep motivated. So thanks for taking the time to hear my little story and hope to talk with yall soon.

Replies

• macm40
    macm40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. Stress can do that to allot of us. Stick to a plan, and the best of luck to you on your journey.
  • jcnevarez
    jcnevarez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal..don't be afraid to ask for opinions or help! =]
  • ilovemysailorflood
    ilovemysailorflood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey hun. I have PTSD so I know all about how stress and depression can make weight loss and maintenance a living hell. Encouragement from others is absolutely the best way you can push through this struggle.

You're welcome to add me for some encouragement and for the few tips and tricks that I've got :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the stress going through your life. I can't fix that, but I can encourage you to keep trying and keep logging in for weight loss. I would love to add another friend and to motivate. :)