Newbie to MFP....looking for some 20 to early 30's friends

Options
Hi All!!! I am new to MFP and have somewhere between 40-60 lbs to lose (depending on how I personally feel when I get to 40 lbs lost). About 3 years ago I was successful with a diet called Optifast and lost about 40 lbs but unfortunately I have gained back everything plus about 10 lbs. Im wanting to lose everything again and keep it off for good this time. Im following a much better diet consisting of real food rather than a full meal replacement regimine that the Optifast program was and have been working out 4-5 days a week that consists of both cardio and weights. So anyone in the same boat as me feel free to add me and we can definitely support one another in reaching our goals :)

Replies

• thxoo
    thxoo Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in my 20's and have been trying to get back on track too. I'll add you! Anyone else can feel free to add me too :flowerforyou:
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a 22 year old senior in college! I've lost a little over 40 pounds and hope to lose at least 50 more, so I'll be here for a while. I log everyday and would love to have some more friends. It always encourages me to see other people logging and exercising in my newsfeed. Anyone looking for new friends, please feel free to add me!
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im 20 and going to be a junior in college. I have never been overweight but have put some on in college and am close too it. I am working on getting back to my ideal weight. I am very happy to help support you (and anyone else) in reaching their goal!

Feel free too add me!
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, soon to be 25 with around 50lbs to lose, feel free to add me :)
  • kristenkolb1
    kristenkolb1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey brand new here also! I'm 27 mom of 3 and need to lose 135 lbs to get back to before babies lol got a long ways to go!
  • nicolecharvel21
    nicolecharvel21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a 22 year old senior in college! I've lost a little over 40 pounds and hope to lose at least 50 more, so I'll be here for a while. I log everyday and would love to have some more friends. It always encourages me to see other people logging and exercising in my newsfeed. Anyone looking for new friends, please feel free to add me!

Wow congrats on losing 40 lbs though that is still great. Having done it already once i know how hard it is and true dedication you need to achieve that. The encouragement I feel is always a huge part about succeeding, it definitely keeps you on the right track. :)
  • kristenkolb1
    kristenkolb1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you get that tracker?
  • eggcluck
    eggcluck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gaining back as well as heatlh concerns are way these gimmicky get thin fast diets do not work,....well they do they fill the pockets of the creators as intended.

I started at 274 lbs with a 46" waist and I am now 211 lbs with a 32" waist. I did it without any special diet. Eat right and exercise right; it is all you need.
  • ccthiel89
    ccthiel89 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new as well. I'm 25 and also need some friends for encouragement. (Since no one I know will follow me around blaring "Eye Of The Tiger" while I'm checking ingredient labels). I am just learning to navigate the site so bear with me. :)
  • zombie130
    zombie130 Posts: 37
    Options
    add me!:) i turn 20 in October. i start college this fall. i also post every day and i am very serious about my goal and ill support any and all friends!
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 35... Not sure if I'm too old for y'all... Feel free to add me :D
  • nicolecharvel21
    Options
    How do you get that tracker?

If you go to your own profile, you can personalize your tracker :)
  • nicolecharvel21
    Options
    Gaining back as well as heatlh concerns are way these gimmicky get thin fast diets do not work,....well they do they fill the pockets of the creators as intended.

I started at 274 lbs with a 46" waist and I am now 211 lbs with a 32" waist. I did it without any special diet. Eat right and exercise right; it is all you need.

Yes, im finding it to be so much better and more of a "lifestyle change" rather then a "i want to hurry and lose weight" although i was seeing a nutritionist and everything while i did it so it was doctor supervised the entire time so it worked great and I work in the medical field so i got tons of discounts to do it as well ;) my opinion though, I wouldnt do it full replacement again, I can do it while still incorporating regular food which is what i plan to do.
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, graduated uni two years ago, but still young! I've lost 27 pounds slow and steady using MFP, with another 10 to go before I'm at my "ideal" weight. Feel free to add me! I update daily. :)
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28, I have at least 100 pounds to lose. Any of you can add me if you want :)
  • danibrosseau
    Options
    I'm 19.. so maybe a little young.. but anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I so far lost about 50lbs total in the past two years maybe. Now currently using MFP once again to try drop lower just to see how my body will adjust. I log daily and don't mind sharing what works for me assisting with creating workout plan to help others

 “Small daily improvements are the key to staggering LONG-TERM RESULTS”
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 pounds to lose, too! I do cardio and weights also, FR coming your way!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Although my ticker doesn't reflect it, I'm down almost 140 from my highest weight of 300 (2.2 to go!) but I still have roughly 30-40 to lose (my goal is kind of up in the air) and lots of toning to do. I log every day and I'm so darn addicted to this site (partly because it saved my life) that I will not be going anywhere. Anyone is welcome to add me for some extra support and motivation!

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm 30 lol
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Heeey! I'm Sarah, 27 years old. I'm a 4th year vet student on my clinical rotations so my schedule depends on what week it is/what rotation I am on. I lost 15lbs by being more aware of what I was eating and finding my soul-mate workout program. I went to Dominican though in May and gained 5 pounds and my vacation extended for like 3 weeks after that!

I'm back on track now though and love having friends who are active on here!