Those maintaining

Options
I need some motivation...for those who are in maintenance, will you list your starting weight, your current weight, how long it took you to get there and how long you have been maintaining?

Replies

• ksarm
    ksarm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SW: 138
    GW: 118
    CW: 118

It took me about 6 months to lose the weight and I've been maintaining for a month, give or take a pound or two depending on the day. :) I still log my calories and follow MFP's recommendation for my daily calorie goal to maintain based on my stats and run 2-3 times a week.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    SW: 375
    GW: 215
    CW: 215

Took me 18 months to get to goal, 3 months maintaining, working on composition now.
  • Elishakate95
    Options
    Wow, you've done an amazing job!! Well done :-)
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SW 173
    GW 150
    CW 149

Started on MFP on Feb. 2014 and reached my goal on the first week of May. 2014. Been maintaining for little more than 2 months.
    I continue to log my food, I try to do little cardio and more body pump, I only eat burned calories when I do cardio.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 118 or so lbs
    Goal weight: 105 lbs
    Current weight: 103-104 lbs (I like myself better around 103 than at 105).

I knew I didn't have THAT much to lose so I did it fairly slowly. I started at the end of December 2013 and got to my goal in late May this year (so a little less than 5 months). So I've been maintaining for about 6 weeks (wow, it seems longer than that because I started eating more at the beginning of May so my weight wouldn't suddenly rise from switching immediately from the weight-loss calories to my full maintenance amount).

I'm currently starting to do weight training more seriously since I want more muscle. If I'm a little heavier but stay the same size, that's OK, as long as the gain is mostly muscle.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    SW: 206.8
    GW: 132.4
    CW: 131.6

Took me a year to lose and I've been maintaining for just over 9 months now.
  • jimdevico
    jimdevico Posts: 4
    Options
    SW: 195
    GW: 175
    CW: 175

I started in February 2014 and just got there on 7/7/14. I'm here now trying to figure out how to maintain without eating poorly or continuing to lose weight.

I liked myself better at 180 so I may go back there. Not sure yet.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 189
    Goal Range: 150-155
    Current Weight: 149

It took me 7 months to get there. I've maintained a year and a half.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    sw 200
    gw 140
    cw 124

Took me over a year to lose to 145 and then readjusted my goals. Reached 124 after I started lifting. Readjusted my calories now I eat on average over 2000 a day give or take. Been at maintenance since Oct 2013. Still try to log everyday. This last weekend didnt log just enjoyed myself.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    SW: 178lbs
    GW: 120lbs
    CW: 125lbs

Took me about a year and a half to reach my goal (125 at the time). Been maintaining this weight (123-127 range) for 2+ years now. I log during the week.. and not on weekends.

ETA: Currently reassessed my goals and started lifting(ish).
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SW: 210 Lbs
    GW: 150 lbs
    CW: 148 lbs

It took me 16 months to reach my goal weight and have been maintaining since November 2013. I have been focusing on body comp since that time and seem to sit comfortably between 145 and 150 eating ~2500 cals a day.
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome! I've got about 65 pounds to lose so it's nice to hear from those who have been so successful!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    SW: 178
    GW: 115
    CW: 107

Started July 2013 at 178, when I joined MFP that same month I was at 170. Reached my goal weight by the end of November 2013, been maintaining 105 - 110 for the most part since then. Maintaining for me has been hard, I'm still trying to figure things out.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    SW: 170
    GW: Multiple GWs!
    CW: 127

Been maintaining since December.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    SW: 172
    GW: 125-130
    CW: 136

Started in March of 2013(post partum) and its been slow progress(intentional). Will take all the time in the world to reach my goal weight, but i am taking it slow intentionally. I am in healthy weight range and love food too much to eat at a bigger deficit :D
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    SW:192
    GW: 142
    CW:147

It look me about 2 years to lose and have been maintaining (as u can see it has been fluctuating, only about 2-5 lbs) for about a year. If u need more motivation, feel free to add me.
  • bullieforme
    Options
    SW - 206 lb
    GW - 140lb
    CW - 136lb
    Started in January this year but now struggling to maintain steady weight. Paranoid about putting any back on but don't need to lose any more . . .
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SW: ~150lbs (I avoided scales)
    GW: 120lbs
    CW: 113lbs

5ft tall

I changed my goal weight a million times actually but I finally decided 120lbs felt good and is easy to maintain so that's the weight I say is my "comfy" weight. I don't like being any heavier than though I try not to focus on the numbers these days cause they wont tell me if I'm getting to my current goal of being more muscular. Took me a little under a year to lose and I lost it about four years ago now.
  • ronitperman
    Options
    SW: 185
    GW: 135
    CW: 140

I started in February 2014 I am trying to reach my goal weight by doing regular exercise. As I am a food lover so it’s quite difficult for me to maintain this weight so with regular exercise I also take natural appetite suppressor supplement which help me to maintain my diet and my weight.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    163 lb start weight
    130-134 lb goal range
    132 lb current

Started to get serious Nov 21 2013
    At goal 132 lb since March 5 2014
    Soooo, it took me 3.5 months to lose 31 lbs and I've been maintaining now for 4 months. I didn't join MFP until I was at goal as I wanted a relatively easy way to track maintenance. I needed a massive database for all my food choices - as it is, MFP needs to give me more pages of Recent foods - 4 is not enough as at least 1 or 2 things drop off my list every day as I add or have to re-add different foods. It's starting to get irritating to repeatedly search database for particular foods at every bloody meal. OK, rant over.:explode: