Should I continue to lose weight? (pics included)

Options
I hit my goal of 110lbs (50kg) while ago, however the last 6 months I have gained about 11-13lbs (5-6kg) I am now around 121lbs. I am pretty upset I have gained that much, however I still fit into my clothes and am in a healthy range for my height of 5'1.

Judging by my photo, do you think I look alright at this weight? Would love some opinions. I am finding it really hard to get back to 110lbs/50kg and I don't know if I should just keep it at 55kg/121lbs.

photo: http://s15.postimg.org/ejzn2ge7f/Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_3_21_40_pm.png

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You look great. If you want to look even better just add some strength training :wink:
  • samanthakay223
    samanthakay223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've got a long way to go until I hit goal, so I may not be the best judge, but I guess it comes down to how you feel about yourself. I think you look wonderful, and it tends to be that we are always our own worst critics. Have you gained weight from getting back into old habits?
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous.
    It might be easier to maintain at this size ie you may be happier.
    Anyway you look fabulous.
  • melodyjosie
    melodyjosie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It started by Christmas, having all those yummy temptation foods, and ever since then I've just been having too many cheat days and not enough exercise. It's hard because it's winter here in Australia so all I am motivated to do is sit on the lounge with a blanket on me and eat. I find it so hard to get up and be active when it's cold. Sigh!
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    You look stunning! Just do what makes you happy. If you can maintain that then sweet! PS: LOve your room :)
  • samanthakay223
    samanthakay223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I'm in Australia too and I just joined the gym tonight! I haven't exercised since Summer!
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think you look good and healthy at that size! I agree with the person above that suggested strength training.
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal of 110lbs (50kg) while ago, however the last 6 months I have gained about 11-13lbs (5-6kg) I am now around 121lbs. I am pretty upset I have gained that much, however I still fit into my clothes and am in a healthy range for my height of 5'1.

Judging by my photo, do you think I look alright at this weight? Would love some opinions. I am finding it really hard to get back to 110lbs/50kg and I don't know if I should just keep it at 55kg/121lbs.

photo: http://s15.postimg.org/ejzn2ge7f/Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_3_21_40_pm.png

Thanks in advance!

I think there would be a lot of opinions, because there are a lot of different tastes. If you feel this way, then it's good, but from my point of view, I think you should do more leg and arms strength work. :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I personally would say no to losing any more weight. But, do whatever makes you happiest.
  • melodyjosie
    melodyjosie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do you suggest that because my arms and legs look bad or because it's good for maintaining, haha!

I know i should get into it. I'll have to look into buying some weights.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You look great at that weight and could happily stay there - just beware and make sure that you're not back on the road to significant weight gain. You need to get your eating back under control and eat appropriate portion sizes - very occasional blow outs are ok but must not be the norm if you want to maintain where you are. If it's too cold to go out and exercise (really - in Australia??) then do a video or something indoors - go to an indoor pool to swim etc. It would be very easy for those of us living in UK to use cold and yukky weather as an excuse, just as many could use extreme heat as an excuse. You worked hard to lose weight - don't undermine yourself now. :smile:

That all sounded much harsher than I intended it to - you look great! :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i think you should worry less what other people think and do what makes you happy.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I personally would say no to losing any more weight. But, do whatever makes you happiest.

^this
  • Bluemints1
    Bluemints1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would say you look pretty amazing! But instead of losing weight, focus on maintaining it, otherwise the lb's will keep adding on, so supervise the food you're eating and how much you exercise :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Do you suggest that because my arms and legs look bad or because it's good for maintaining, haha!

I know i should get into it. I'll have to look into buying some weights.

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general."

But seriously, you should move away from the weight-loss mindset and set fitness related goals instead at this stage. Building strength is something almost everyone can profit from and the pursuit of it can be very rewarding in itself.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It started by Christmas, having all those yummy temptation foods, and ever since then I've just been having too many cheat days and not enough exercise. It's hard because it's winter here in Australia so all I am motivated to do is sit on the lounge with a blanket on me and eat. I find it so hard to get up and be active when it's cold. Sigh!

I am a very close in height (158cm) and build to you and have had exactly the same problem - put on weight starting during the holidays,cheat (...days,weeks, months...I stopped paying attention) by the time it hit the cold months I was nearly 5 kgs heavier than in November. I have never been big on exercise/outdoor activities in general however I know exactly where your coming from when it comes to sitting on the lounge and eating during this miserable weather!

Oddly enough I am currently just under what your goal weight was and started around at what your weight is now however I am probably coming from a different history than you (as everyone does with weight). I have had a few issues with weight over the past ten years and judge myself quite harshly as when I was 15 I was overweight at 63kgs, have been down to 44kg at various stages and feel too big at 55kgs ... BUT now but what looking at your display pic ( I couldn't load your link) I think you look incredible! As others on here already stated if you found being any lighter a struggle and you look amazing/can wear your wardrobe/are confident then stay where you are and enjoy! If the summer months hit and you get the desire to go back down then take it as it comes .....I admire anyone who can brave the outdoors our summers haha.

End of the day this is just a forum, if you're happy then don't let anyone here (myself included) make the decision for you.

Oh and love the outfit by the way.

Good luck!
  • Niecytwentyfive
    Niecytwentyfive Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look good now, but if you want to keep those calorie burns successful, do some strength training. Muscle is the only thing that burns body fat. The more muscle you have or the lower your body fat percentage is, the better your metabolism will be. You may need to do strength training to allow for more calorie consumption without fat gain. Remember, muscle weighs threes time more than fat does, so don't worry, it may even be muscle gain that you are noticing.
  • Lara124911
    Lara124911 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was over weight and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at secretosdelara@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day