Ages 40+ Challenge...Are You In?

Options
I think the only way I will stick with this is to start my own challenge and I am hoping you will join me.

It seems the older we get, the harder it is to shed those unwanted pounds and stay motivated. For this reason, I would like to start a weightloss challenge for those of us who are 40 (or close to 40) and up to join in beginning Monday, January 17th for 40 days....ending Saturday, February 26th.

If you would like to participate, please post the following on or before Monday:

Name
Goal Weight by the end of the challenge
Measurements (bust, waist, hips)

Every Monday, we will record ONLY our weight here on this tread. On our final weigh-in day (Feb. 26), we will also record our measurements.

I have never put together a challenge like this before, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

See you Monday!!!!
(Now I have to go find my measuring tape :tongue: )

Replies

• raf46
    raf46 Posts: 9
    Options
    Melissa - you're a star I'm in. I've already lost 30lbs the next will be much harder!
    Richard
    PS I'll find the tape measure
  • amyjokinen
    Options
    I'm in - I need all the babysitting I can get.
    Name: Amy J
    Weight: 151
    Goal Weight: 139 (lose 2 # a week for 6 weeks/by Feb 26th)
    Measurements" yet to come
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Gabby
    43 yrs old
    Starting weight today - 182.8
    Goal Weight - 172.8

BUST - 39
    WAIST - 42
    HIPS - 45

3519758.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I can do ALL things through CHRIST who STRENGTHENS ME! :flowerforyou:
    Gabby
    43 yrs old
    Starting weight today - 182.8
    Goal Weight - 172.8

BUST - 39
    WAIST - 42
    HIPS - 45

3519758.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    [/quote]
  • mustang52
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Monday just doesn't seem to be coming fast enough!

I still haven't found my tape....but still looking! I wonder if running around the house like a mad woman can be recorded as some form of exercise.

I'll be keeping a good eye on all of you. I may just turn into another Jillian Michaels:laugh: Hope you will do the same for me!
  • mustang52
    Options
    RIchard!!!! A 30 pound weightloss. Congrats and way to go!

OK, I found my tape and did my measurements...Ughh!!!

Name: Melissa
    Today's Weight: 170.5
    GW by 26/02/11: 160.5
    Bust: 42"
    Waist: 36"
    Hips: 41"
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    OK... I'm In. YIKES!!! I can do this.
  • Tammysboys
    Options
    Great idea... I'm in thanks for doing this challenge!
  • mustang52
    Options
    Yes you CAN do it!!! We all can!

So mark Monday, January 17th on your calander and get ready to get closer to your goals.

Thank you all for doing this with me. It really means alot.:flowerforyou:
  • Taurus0570
    Options
    I am in ..looking for the sewing box the the tape "should " be in...lol..
  • mustang52
    Options
    So tomorrow is the start of our 40 day challenge. There is still time left for those of you who want to join.

If you are interested, please ad me as a friend and we can communicate privately (if you wish) for our weekly updates. I will be keeping a record of our success.

Thanks and see you then!!

BTW, you don't need to record your start weight.....just your measurements and how much you would like to lose by the end of 40 days.
  • panon
    panon Posts: 2
    Options
    So ready for tomorrow. Will have to measure and weigh in tomorrow. Good luck to all.
    Polly
    age 42
    20 lbs
  • Taurus0570
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! My name is Tricia...40 and would ideally like to lose 50lbs...I have already lost 40..but seem to be stuck in a rut...Bust 44" Waist 38" Hips 44...not sure about my weight yet but usually around the 190 mark give or take..I really need to buy a scale..I have avoided them and exercise for too long and am happy to join this great group !!! :-)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A little late, but I'm game! Anything to keep me motivated!!!!!!!
    Rhonda
    161 lbs.
    goal weight: 150 lbs
    measurements??? need to get done tonight!!
  • tapsolz
    Options
    This is just the motivation I need today, thanks!

Patty
    Down 6 lbs by 2/26
    44-33-44

Good luck everyone -- woohoo
  • mustang52
    Options
    I am so glad that you are all joining me with this challenge. Thank-you, thank-you, THANK YOU!!! You don't know what this means to me! I know I couldn't have done this alone.

I haven't been this pumped in....well since the last time I was determined to lose 100lbs (and I've lost this amount TWICE during the last 20 years) WOW, I've lost way over 200lbs and I AM STILL battling with my weight!!!. Fortunately, this time around I was able to STOP myself before my weight gain went out of control! My promise to myself is, once I hit my goal weight, I am NEVER going to have to lose weight AGAIN...only maintain and exercise!

For those of you who are joining me for this challenge, I ask that you:

a) email/post on my board or on this thread your weekly accomplishents, whether you lose or gain. I will be taking track of this and at the end of 40 days, we can celebrate our over all success together.

b) if you haven't already done so....PLEASE send me your measurements. On our last weigh-in day, we will be measuring ourselves again (hips/chest, waist, hips), and tallying up our overall loss.

c) Share your accomplishments...I know I love good news. If you are having an off day...please let us (or me) know. You are not in this alone. We are all here for you to pick you up and get you back on track. We want you to succeed too!! I know there will be days I will be turning to you for help.

d) When you reach your goal at the end of the 40 days...what is your incentive? New shoes, a day at the spa, mini-shopping spree? Since I still have a lot of smaller clothes in my closet, that are still in style, I'm going to bit the bullet and get my first tattoo...yeah, at my age LOL!!! I've even got it picked out and hanging on my fridge!

Wishing you all the best!!

Melissa