Ketogenic Diet

Options
jaws22
jaws22 Posts: 5 Member
Hi Everyone,
Are any of you doing the Ketogenic Diet? If so how is it going, how long have you been doing it, and let's provide support and recipes.
Thanks

Replies

• Tilda_P
    Tilda_P Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for 5.5 months (started January 20th of this year) and it's going great. I've lost 60 lbs. in that time, improved a lot of my blood work, gone off some medication, and I have people ask about my skin/hair routine all the time because my skin and hair look so much better and healthier. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto for 30 days (as of today! woop woop!!) and have lost 22lbs. This includes like 4 "cheat" days (2 weddings and 2 work events) that I just didn't worry about what I ate, and enjoyed the event and food served. So far I feel great- I am neeeever wandering around looking for something to eat like I used to. I feel full and energized and I find that I don't even miss carby things like white bread and pasta and potatoes (which is WEIRD. Because I used to LOVE those things)

My diary is open if you want to take a peek
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm also on it. Lost about 50 lbs at my max, but I'm frequently travelling which makes it hard to stay in keto. When I'm home I'm keto though! I do a 10/60/30 ratio so I'm a bit less strict with carbs.

Diary is open.
  • jaws22
    Options
    I'm hoping to attain the success you have, congrats on the loss.
  • jaws22
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback, i'm just hoping to feel better physically and mentally.
  • babyberger
    babyberger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have also just started keto this week. I am hoping to have the same results as most of you have had. This is the first time in years I feel motivated to lose weight and stick to a plan.
  • babyberger
    babyberger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping for the mental part of this as well! We can do it together!
  • mfpbaklazan
    Options
    I've been on keto for almost a month now, and I love it. Even the initial sluggishness, headaches and tiredness of the first three days (oh and also those few days during week 2 when I was hungry ALL the time) are so worth it once you're keto adapted.

I'll have to admit I'm pretty strict with carbs, I think I'm usually somewhere around 10-12g a day, maybe even less. But in the last month my body fat has gone from 19.9% to 17.5%, so I think so far it's been pretty successful.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    AT GOAL WEIGHT...
    5'4" 128 Lbs. at GOAL Weight.. FINALLY....Been High Carb Low Calorie for 10 years.. lost 30 lbs. .. started at 150..and got stuck with a low calorie high carb yo yo starving all the time horrible situation.. 1 month ago I switched to PALEO.... I am not hungry anymore and i eat more calories and lost like 7 lbs... super happy with my 128.... Recently i read about KETO.. love it even more then paleo since i heard it has many benefits including even more hunger control and health.... which is my goal since i want to go to gym everyday again and being HIGH CARB in the past would make me overeat on gym days....... I go on vacation on Wednesday..

MY QUESTION IS. once you are at your goal.. will KETO strict help you lose an extra 3 lbs in 3 days .. or is that just crazy.. like if i do a 1000 calorie 10% carb 30% protien and 60%fat.. i know i might have some alcohol on my trip and maybe a few bites of dessert and dont feel like stressing over BLOW up weight since i will be in a bathing suit.. so like i want a 3 lbs. cushion.
  • loser4realz
    loser4realz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are starting keto this week. Would love to keep up with you all. I need some accountability. Soon to be 40 (next week, ack!) mom of an almost 3 yo daughter and almost 2 yo son, working full time outside of the home so it's been way too easy to use the 'too busy' excuse in the past. Yes, life is chaotic right now but I NEED to make this a priority.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Hubby and I are starting keto this week. Would love to keep up with you all. I need some accountability. Soon to be 40 (next week, ack!) mom of an almost 3 yo daughter and almost 2 yo son, working full time outside of the home so it's been way too easy to use the 'too busy' excuse in the past. Yes, life is chaotic right now but I NEED to make this a priority.

If i would just always login and put what i eat, i would probably NEVER gain weight... i just underestimate hidden calories or carbs or whatever.... its so hard at this age to maintain any type of weight loss....
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Went on Vacation and gained like 6 lbs.. just from all the Sugary Alcohol Drinks... and well who cares?!! it was fun.. I a back to basics now and will follow my Ketogenic Paleo thing and try to get back down again.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started Ketogenic diet about two weeks ago. I am down about 6 lbs and have about 52 lbs to get to my goal. I am looking for those that want share ideas and support. Let's do this together.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    FYI, I have been reading a blog by Dr. Peter Attia called The Eating Academy. His blog is what opened my eyes to the truth about carbs and sugar. Check it out at http://eatingacademy.com/.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Are any of you doing the Ketogenic Diet? If so how is it going, how long have you been doing it, and let's provide support and recipes.
    Thanks
    IVe been doing it since november i havent lost as much weight as you but i have lost 4 inches....I dont know what counts Ive been really bad lately since 5th of july we had nonstop company since the 20th and now today ive been very good will see i hope i didnt mess it up
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been keto-ing for.....I think a year now? I started at 165 lbs. I got down to 135 and have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for MONTHS now. I think what might be the culprit is sugar-free candies that I get from the dollar store, gum and snacking on a tablespoon or two of peanut butter during the day.....ugh. I need to really buckle down. I want to be 120 lbs by Halloween or at least before that, which is my first wedding anniversary. I want to be a hot zombie this year!
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Been keto-ing for.....I think a year now? I started at 165 lbs. I got down to 135 and have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for MONTHS now. I think what might be the culprit is sugar-free candies that I get from the dollar store, gum and snacking on a tablespoon or two of peanut butter during the day.....ugh. I need to really buckle down. I want to be 120 lbs by Halloween or at least before that, which is my first wedding anniversary. I want to be a hot zombie this year!

if you read paleo blogs you will see that the SUGAR free stuff actually does not work how we think... since its not natural, i think it like does something where it raises your blood sugar making you more hungry... my husband stopped drinking diet coke like 15 years ago just because we read so much about it and lost like 10 lbs immediatly.. and it was ZERO calories..
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My fiancée and I have just started strict keto this week. We are doing well and love the app to help us get a grip on what we are eating and percentages of fat:protein:carbs. I also love that we are able to change the percentages to suit each of us individually. I am hoping to lose 30lbs, I don't have a set date, I just know that will put me in a healthy BMI. The food is easy for me now that I have a handle on how much fat to eat daily. I have worked out 6 out of the last 7 days. One day I had keto flu really bad and just couldn't do it. I have done 20 minutes of PiYO 3 times this week, that stuff kicks my butt! I have also done 2 arm workouts and 1 yoga session. Today I'm thinking arms & abs. We are getting married next year at some point, no date yet and I want to have sexy arms!!!! I am so glad to have found some discussions on keto as well so we can keep each other motivated! Thanks for sharing all your success stories, helps keep me motivated!!!
  • osudtudent8
    Options
    I am. It's been going good. I started on September 19, 2013, and I don't know how much I weighed when I started but I was surely above 400 lbs. I wore a size 54 pants and a size 4xl shirt. Now, a size 46 pant is loose on me, I wear a 2xl, and I weigh 345 as of last Friday. Skin improved a lot. Totally clear now. I had rough dark flaky patches all over, but a month into the diet everything faded away. I feel better and have energy to go jogging almost every day (something I would've never imagined doing last year).
  • blaccoffee
    blaccoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been off and on Keto for about 4 months now. It was kind of exciting learning exactly how many things had carbs and what had a good fat to protein ratio. It took me a few weeks before I had it down to a routine, but now I'm to the point where I can go out to lunch with my coworkers and not get kicked out of keto.

Keto keeps me from feeling tired or extremely hungry at times, unlike when I was on a typical carb filled diet.

One downside is I have to explain why I wont eat cake every time it is someones birthday at work. :grumble:

I am working on the book The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald.

Feel free to add me, I log in daily.

May the ketones be with you. :smile: