News I Have To Share :D

Options
124»

Replies

• da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    "Hmmm - I always thought is was "negative Nancy's"...

LOL! I had a HORRIBLE Aunt Nellie and she deserves every negative in the book! A truly dreadful woman! :bigsmile:
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Lisa 1971! I made up my mind several years ago that I would not be the old granny who gets her hair done every week the exact same way, lives in polyester pantsuits and big floral muumuus, and does crafts. (I couldn't craft to save my *kitten*!)

Nope, I'm a runner. I still rock my skinny jeans and 5" heels, I try to find humor in everything and a day is not complete if I don't have a laugh attack, and I'm healthier now than I was 30 years ago!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Having children is a difficult endeavor, and doing it alone trebly so.
    Strength and patience for you.
  • bethcox16
    bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Lisa 1971! I made up my mind several years ago that I would not be the old granny who gets her hair done every week the exact same way, lives in polyester pantsuits and big floral muumuus, and does crafts. (I couldn't craft to save my *kitten*!)

Nope, I'm a runner. I still rock my skinny jeans and 5" heels, I try to find humor in everything and a day is not complete if I don't have a laugh attack, and I'm healthier now than I was 30 years ago!

that is actually amazing! i hope i end up like you when i'm your age!!!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Another piece of advice that I followed with my second pregnancy:

Babycenter is a horrible, horrible place full of angry women who give horrible advice. Stay away from there. It's horrible.

Horrible.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I applaude you for choosing to have this baby, with or without a father for him/her. As we know, far too many pregnancies are terminated. You are young, but you have not ruined your life. A child is a blessing. But it will be difficult, especially being so young, and being single.

Best of luck to you!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's going on here...

...but I know I don't want to miss it.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Get your sleep now, you will need it. For those judging, what is done is done....now there is going to be a beautiful baby, no matter how, a baby is always something to rejoice about...... Well until they run and talk back.

Advice I can offer, enjoy everyday it really does go by too fast. Plus when they are babies don't push walking and talking because at 3 you will be wishing they would just sit down and shut up :wink:

Other moms are a great resource, but they can also be major b!tches so take practical advise and ignore the negative.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    But all babies are a blessing from God so the woman in me says "Congratulations!".
    Britney-That-Is-False-GIF.gif
    a great many of them are hell-spawns put on this earth to destroy our sanity.

congrats OP!
    tumblr_m9g29jXpMq1qj7h83o1_500.gif
  • genericscreenname
    Options
    OMG! brb...dying.

So glad this is one of the first threads I found after joining this site. XD
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

One of the best pieces of advice I got was this...if the baby is going to sleep in a crib, put a waterproof crib pad on the mattress, then a sheet, then another waterproof crib pad, then another sheet. if he/she spits up in the middle of the night, or has a diaper blow out, all you have to do is rip off the top sheet and pad and you have a fresh, clean sheet underneath. No changing that pain in the butt crib sheet in the middle of the night. :-)

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS WHEN I HAD BABIES?!? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This is, in fact, genius.

And best of luck to you, OP.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    *insert epic of unsolicited parenting and life advice here*
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

You tell me this now that my youngest is already 8! :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    18 is a little young to be having a baby, but i guess it's better than having one when you're 14. Good luck!

My mom had me at 13.
    Congrats...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

You tell me this now that my youngest is already 8! :laugh:
    It took me that long to write it all down. I know a lot of stuff.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!

pregnantbreakdancing.gif
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options

One of the best pieces of advice I got was this...if the baby is going to sleep in a crib, put a waterproof crib pad on the mattress, then a sheet, then another waterproof crib pad, then another sheet. if he/she spits up in the middle of the night, or has a diaper blow out, all you have to do is rip off the top sheet and pad and you have a fresh, clean sheet underneath. No changing that pain in the butt crib sheet in the middle of the night. :-)

Thirding this.

Although I wanted to PUNCH people in their punching place for saying "sleep when the baby sleeps." It never worked for me.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options

Thirding this.

Although I wanted to PUNCH people in their punching place for saying "sleep when the baby sleeps." It never worked for me.

^^Amen to that! Congrats OP:)
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Thirding this.

^^Amen to that! Congrats OP:)

OK, well.......ignore that part where I said "sleep when the baby sleeps" but the crib sheet thing....that is awesome. So glad someone told me about it. It came in very handy. :-)