Snapping out of bad days

Options
I have been dedicated to my workouts and healthy eating for quite some time now. I love eating healthy, I love exercising and doing a bunch of different things to stay active. I usually feel amazing after I work out. Most days I look at my body and am happy because I know that I'm treating myself well and I'm on the good-health track. Some days I have bad days and look at my body and just feel so frustrated and awful- if i'm already having a bad-image day and go to the gym and see a bunch of chicks that are wayyyyy more fit than I am- I just feel like garbage.
I realise everyone has a bad day and it shouldn't matter to me how fit everyone else is. But sometimes it really gets to me.
Any tips or tricks on how to snap out of those garbagey, self loathing days?

Replies

• wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Dancing, singing, listening to comedy can improve my mood pretty quickly. Also cleaning makes me feel a sense of accomplishment. Drinking some green tea makes me feel noble. Writing out your frustrating feelings or sharing them with a friend (although don't overwhelm them .) I also remind myself that my emotions are my choice. Doing something nice for someone else can also lift your mood immediately. Naps are also good!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider getting active at home or for a walk/run instead of going to the gym, if the other people there are effecting your self image. I know personally when I'm having a down day I'm feeling less social than usual. I understand how you feel 90% of the time I'm so proud of myself for the work Ive done already and how strong I've become, but darn that 10% of the time where I see how far I have left to go, and my trouble areas just seem so daunting. I usually try to push to do a good HIIT routine to really get my adrenalin going, usually after that I feel awesome (even if I was cursing through it) and I know that even if I don't love the mirror that day I love what my body can DO.
  • katashaaa
    katashaaa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If your having a day where you don't want to see other people in the gym, just stay at home and exercise. I've heard people say its harder to lose weight at home, I say its rubbish, Ive lost 22lbs by JUST exercising at home (I'm too self conscious to go to the gym). Do a DVD, buy some weights or an exercise machine or just go running around the block :)
    I always think its good to have some 'feel good' songs - I have a playlist of about 5-6 songs that really get me excited and motivated. if I listen to them I cant help but want to move around and it makes me want to get up and exercise and stuff :)
    having people on here helps too, if i see everyone else doing stuff it makes me want to do it too.
    Hope this helps a bit :)
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Get your jam on in your room dancing in your underwear. Nothing makes my day better than just letting loose to good music and dancing in my underwear. Plus side it makes you more comfortable with your own body.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, and it's not just 'days'. I think I'm going to try to snap out of it by working on more than just my weight. I've never been a real girly girl, but maybe it's time to learn the art of hair, make-up, clothes, and attitude.

Whatever look I've got going right now seems to be screaming Come hither, grandpa! And that just isn't what I'm looking for. If I can only do so much with this damn belly, maybe it's time to focus more on the rest of me.