a year in the making... before, during and after pictures

Options
i started using mfp a little over a year ago and it was the success stories and advice on the forums i frequently turned to for motivation when things got tough and i wanted to share my personal voyage.

june 2013 i started a 208lbs ... a month away from my 37th birthday i was in the worse shape of my life. eating horribly, and didn't have much energy or motivation. then something clicked... (unfortunately - or fortunately depending on one's point of view) i have no pictures at 208... i was a little camera shy

4 months of very clean eating (lots and lots of veggies!!!) and i had taken up running i was down to 180lbs and for the first time in years i didn't feel overly shy about taking my shirt off at the beach to catch a few rays...

September 2013 @ 180lbs
photo1_zps1b02b65b.jpg

by late february 2014 i was down to 168 lbs and feeling great and had reached my goal weight... i was running 4-7 kms several days a week but didn't feel "fit"

March 2014@ 170lbs
photo3_zps1d3abf51.jpg

early march on one of my runs i became curious about a "gym" where i would see members doing olympic lifting and box jumps and pullups etc etc and it was my first exposure to crossfit.
after some research and a few visits i bit the bullet and signed up to what turned out to be one of the best decisions i've made in my lifetime...

10408063_10153003607998662_5798096352135832178_n_zpsd423bfae.jpg

since joining in march i have been consistent attending classes 3-4 days a week and eating clean and the results came a lot faster than expected and to this day i still surprise myself and feel like i'm in the best shape of my life... even knee pains i started having when i started running last year have long gone...

today i'm actually up in weight (in a good way). i'm now 182 lbs at 13% bf and getting leaner and stronger by the day..

July 2014 @182lbs
photo4_zps4d48c9e2.jpg

I still have a long way to go to achieve newer and more lofty goals but i'm motivated now more than ever.

thank you for everyone's inspiration here on mfp, i certainly would be where i am today without you all.
whatever it is you do, keep at it, be consistent, set and crush your goals.

-jimmy

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!