You fancy, huh.

Options

Replies

• amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today I put cinnamon in my 60 calorie sugar-free vanilla snack pack and it tasted like cinnamon bun frosting.

I also dipped my 70 calorie 2% string cheese in balsamic vinegar, onion powder, s/p and basil to jazz it
    hi is amyenman fack you
  • amyenman1
    Options
    I jazz up my coffee with skim milk instead of cream and Carmel swirl instead of sugar. Turns out it has less calories this ways and you can actually taste the coffee instead of all that cream. Yum. Now if only Dunkins had a almond milk option hmmm.
    hi is amyenman9783330821 my phone cell
  • amyenman1
    Options
    :mad: :mad:
    following because you guys are geniuses.
    hi is amy enman
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    These are all wonderful ideas! Thank you for sharing them!:flowerforyou:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Tagging this for future reference. ;)
  • ejbraun
    ejbraun Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For the cool whip/ graham cracker ice cream sandwich, add in some canned pumpkin, along with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Tastes like pumpkin pie. I make a bunch at once and freeze them in waxed paper so that I don't waste the canned pumpkin.

I will be trying this soon :love:
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I jazz up my chocolate protein shake sometimes by adding 1 Tbsp. peanut butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar-free butterscotch instant pudding mix.
    Voila! Butterfinger Protein Shake!
  • tsugrl04
    tsugrl04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make baked/broiled salmon. But I top it with warmed lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper. (I also sneak in some butter if I can). Drizzle it on top, really no need to season the salmon separately...I wanted to avoid seasoning because my sodium intake has been though the roof.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    -putting my parfait on a plate instead of a cup, so it looks prettier and more interesting, lol.
    -baking my naan and slicing my veggies all nice and spreading them on my plate
    -general aesthetic prettiness to my boing routine, tbh i'm usually too lazy and hungry to jazz things up lol
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    How do I avoid eating crapy snacks and food, you ask?

I don't eat crappy foods and snacks.

For my snack, today, i ate some home made quinoa sloppy joe's on a slice of gluten free bread. :D It was super yummy!

Just eat good food that fits in your macro and don't go crazy with doing 1000 calorie deficits unless you workout a LOT. Life is too short to subject yourself to crappiness. Would you be happy with your meal if you were hit by a car and killed this afternoon?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm not very creative with diet foods... I once tried substituting plain skyr for sour cream in a dip mix... Seemed like a good idea, but it made me gag. So if I have a lame snack on my hands, I throw it in the trash and eat a non-lame snack instead.

A couple ounces of deli ham or chicken with about a half ounce of cheddar and a handful of pretzel crisps.
    A hunk of angel food cake drowning in a pile of berries.
    A handful of Diamond dark chocolate-flavored roasted almonds.
    A Talenti salted caramel gelato pop.

Each of those is a couple hundred calories' worth of fancy.

I like how you do fancy. :drinker:

If I have vanilla ice cream, I'll sprinkle chocolate PB2 on it, or add plain peanut butter. I fancied up a chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Haagen Dazs caramelized banana chip gelato once. That was pretty amazing. I really can't think of any crappy snacks I have. *shrugs*
  • tara311
    tara311 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like this idea! :)
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I put cool whip light between cinnamon graham crackers, wrap in plastic wrap, freeze and pretend its ice cream sandwich.. Drool

That is sooooooo cool! My kids are going to want to try this. :-)
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    I like to make my greek yogurt taste amazing - like cookie dough - by making this simple recipe I found on Pinterest:
    - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or 1/4 c Greek yogurt and 1/4 c cottage cheese)
    - 2 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
    - 2-3 packets of Splenda
    - few drops of vanilla extract
    Stir together and enjoy! I could never tire of this stuff.. so good.

this sounds so good!! Def gonna try it!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For the cool whip/ graham cracker ice cream sandwich, add in some canned pumpkin, along with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Tastes like pumpkin pie. I make a bunch at once and freeze them in waxed paper so that I don't waste the canned pumpkin.

I am going to try this too!!! My youngest daughter and I LOOOVE pumpkin pie!!!
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these. I just happen to have graham crackers and leftover Cool Whip from our cookout!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers and lemon greek yogurt tastes like lemon meringue pie.

That is all.

:-O
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my baked potato looks so moist when I squeeze it open that i see it needs no butter. Just to make it a little perkier than salt and pepper only I liberally put seasoning that hubs bought for meat. It has different kinds of pepper, garlic, and other weird things.

I so fancy!

Is it Montreal Steak Spice? That stuff makes everything better, and is very tasty on salmon particularly.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon on everything!! <3

Smoked paprika tastes like barbecue sauce~
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    big plate of sliced bananas and strawberries. Topped with a big heap of light cool whip. Eat one slice at a time....