Any 85ish lbs to lose ppl?

Options
I have 85 pounds to lose, and I'm just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same weight loss goal? I'm looking to connect and support/be supported. Add me! :happy:

Replies

• joane67
    joane67 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have about 90lbs to lost, sigh! But its totally worth it I think....only on day 2 here.
  • tbrooks226
    Options
    Yes, I need to lose 93lbs and just started today. We have a long journey ahead of us but we can do it with dedication, support, and hard work. That is the recipe for any success:-)

Good Luck!
  • laurenisfitforlife
    laurenisfitforlife Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Joane and tbrooks, welcome aboard! I'm on day 19 and I haven't weighed myself yet - I totally admit to being afraid. I will get there! Logging my calories and exercise has OPENED my eyes for sure! May I add you two as friends?
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have 65 lbs to lose but would love to have more friends/support people!
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in nearly the same range. I started at 95 pounds to go and have lost 9 so far.

If you're sticking to your calorie goals and being honest with yourself, maybe you should weigh yourself. Eating an appropriate deficit of calories is the time tested, proven, healthy way to lose weight. If you're doing it, you might be missing out on some really cool encouragement. You could be rockin this!

And if for some reason it's not working, then the lack of weight loss will tell you that you need to change something. It might be discouraging but it will help you make the changes you need and invest your time more wisely.

I've already learned the hard way that by eating too little calories, I was slowig my weight loss. I'd hate for you to be making the same mistake and not even know it because you're not weighing yourself.

Plus, if for some reason it's not working, these forums have some awesome threads which will help you figure out what's going on.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have about 82 to lose
  • tbrooks226
    Options
    Sure! My name is Meika.
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Hello tootchute! I see on your ticker that you have lost 147 pounds so far! That is great :happy:. PapaChanoli, thank you for your input and advice. I do plan on weighing myself, but am hesitant because there was a time when I was obsessive over my weight and weighed myself in the morning and night and freaked out over the slightest weight gain. I used to weigh 270 pounds and lost about 120 pounds. Unfortunately, I have gained just about all of it back because I did not lose it the healthy way and it was more a diet not a lifestyle change. So I am just trying to ease into this again....
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Hello to ARoe as well :happy:
  • Mandi_Nichole
    Options
    I have 90 pounds I'd like to lose. Friend request send.
  • devalley
    devalley Posts: 2
    Options
    i have ruffly 65 to lose starting today with is app would love to have company in my misery also let me know how all is going and i will do the same if you would like let me know
  • sactobmk
    sactobmk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me. Let's all be friends! LOL.
  • jlout
    jlout Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have 65 lbs left to lose and could use any and all friends.......this is such a lonely journey. Please add me if you are interested.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well I am in the same boat. Lost 25kg (55+ lb) and more to go. Just trying to work out my next goal. Welcome any and all new friends that say something about themselves (in the FR or on profile).

I am in Australia - we are having a cold winter here
  • Munkeygirly
    Munkeygirly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I have quite a bit more to lose than you do but here I am. I need to lose a good 200 pounds. I started 2 months ago and I am down 15 pounds. We can do this one day at a time. :)
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    I started back in November, 2013 with a goal to lose 85 lbs. I'm down about 61 lbs so far, averaging about 2 lbs a week, give or take.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello tootchute! I see on your ticker that you have lost 147 pounds so far! That is great :happy:. PapaChanoli, thank you for your input and advice. I do plan on weighing myself, but am hesitant because there was a time when I was obsessive over my weight and weighed myself in the morning and night and freaked out over the slightest weight gain. I used to weigh 270 pounds and lost about 120 pounds. Unfortunately, I have gained just about all of it back because I did not lose it the healthy way and it was more a diet not a lifestyle change. So I am just trying to ease into this again....

Good luck to you. I'm sure you can do it.
  • aprilsdesigns87
    aprilsdesigns87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 lbs, so far and joined fitness pal to meet my goal of weighing 130lbs. What are you doing for exercise?
  • gelica_15
    gelica_15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a little less than 80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me! I'm always on the app and would like more friends! :-)
  • Betherz82
    Betherz82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    All together I should lose at least 100. Have only been on MFP since July 1 and haven't lost any yet. I could use more friends. Feel free to add me.