Reducing appearance of old white/faded stretch marks?

Options
Hello,

I know there's no cure, but I have a lot of faded white stretch marks. I have lost 50 pounds so far and as my stomach is getting smaller, when I move a certain way or under certain lighting, the stretch marks become more prominent. I did weigh quite a lot prior to my weight loss and the only thing stopping me from wearing crop tops/sport bras alone, is these stretch marks. I know you can never get rid of them, especially when they are old, but will things like building lean muscle reduce their appearance, or fake tanning lotions mask them? I feel like the more I lose, the more they are going to be noticeable due to the skin not being as filled out because of the lost fat from weight loss. I still have about 50 more pounds I'd like to lose and I know they are just going to look worse.

I'm not looking for cures or anything, but I'm wondering if anyone has tips on just making them less prominent or noticeable to other people.

Thank you!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sunless tanner works well in covering them up.
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my ex fat legs are full of em lol.

I just wear them like battle scars.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tattoos! ;)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I used this on my baby stretch marks when they were very new, and they're all but gone. You can get it on Amazon. It's expensive, but I had great results. I know it works, because I used it on my belly, but not on my hip stretch marks, and now my hip stretch marks are much uglier and more noticeable than the ones on my belly.

elastin3.jpg

Also a good tan does wonders for covering them up.
  • babylinh
    babylinh Posts: 6
    Options
    Try derma roller, it seems to be doing wonders to some people
  • smurfzilla
    smurfzilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I second both sunless tanner and tattoos. :smile: