Options
    Congrats!
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SW: 174
    GW: 130
    CW: 127

It took me 6 months to lose the weight and I've maintained within 2 pounds +/- for the past two months.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It is really, really nice to see all you long term maintainers.
  • MrsVierkant
    MrsVierkant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW: 180 (July 2013)
    GW: 160 (I reached 157 in January of this year)
    CW:155-160 (depending on the day/week, etc...) I've been maintaining for 6 months.

I'm 5' 6.5" and my BMI has me at overweight. My doctor says otherwise, so I'm happy with her assessment. When I weigh less than 150-155 I look ill.

I run 2-3 miles 2-4 times a week. I use the elliptical on the days I don't run. I also do Vinyasa Flow Yoga and Pilates Reformer. I do core work and other strengthening exercises also. I work out 5-7 days/week.

I log on to MFP everyday, and feel it has played a HUGE role in my success and in the maintenance. It keeps me honest and keeps me driven.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 Lbs.

You're going to have a maintenance range...your weight isn't going to be static...nobody's is. Just like losing, you have to look at the trend over time....example, Monday I was 185 and Tuesday I was 181 and today (Wed) I was 182.4...I pretty much range from 180 - 185 with my 14 month average being 181.6...TREND!!!!!

The only difference between losing and maintaining for me is a few hundred calories...nothing has changed in the way I eat...I eat primarily nutrient dense whole foods and rock my nutrition at least 80 - 90% of the time (yeah...I like pizza and ice cream and whatnot and those kinds of things are just fine within the overall context of an otherwise balanced and wholesome diet) and I rock my fitness to be sure. That's where a lot of people go wrong...they stop getting in regular exercise because they equate exercise with trying to lose weight...it's actually far more important to maintenance than it is to losing.

For general fitness purposes I ride around 60 miles per week (sometimes more if I feel like it) and lift 3x weekly full body. I generally have 1 rest day per week. When I'm actually training my training days are intensified and ironically I go to two rest days per week but again, that's because my training is intensified substantially during actual training. Training days generally consist of two-a-day workout sessions and around 3500 calories per day.
  • ramzi310
    ramzi310 Posts: 1
    Options
    SW 210
    CW 164

in less than 6 month period !
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    SW - 178
    GW - 130
    CW - 115

I hit my goal about 7 months ago and surprisingly, I've struggled to maintain. I find that it's easier to lose than to maintain. I should gain about 7-10 pounds, but I'll be happy if I stop losing.
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2
    measurements are
    33 inches(breast)
    27.5 inches(waist)
    39 inches(hips)
    starting weight 141lbs
    current weight 127 (mostly)
    i don't have a goal weight but i have a weight range i try to stay in and that's 125-128 lbs

it took me about 4 months
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    sw 227
    gw 127
    cw 137

I reach 117, 8 months ago, 10 pounds under my goal.
    I am trying now to get back to 127.
    Keeping on target is very hard.
    It is not so much that I over eat it is not walking like I was.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    SW 155
    CW 126

Took me 7 months and have been maintaining since March, pretty much stayed at 126, occasionally my weight fluctuates by 1 or 2lbs but no more (so far). I didn't have a goal weight as I didn't think I had a lot of weight to lose (looking back I was clearly delusional), I was in this to improve my fitness and my trainer got me to sign up to MFP so he could see my eating habits.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    SW: 178
    GW: 155
    CW: 152

Maintaining for 10 months after 6 months to lose the 26 lbs.
  • bravid98
    bravid98 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    SW: 240 Lbs
    GW: 190 lbs
    CW: 172 lbs

175 was my long shot goal that sounded nice (but unattainable) so I set my goal to 190. However, once I hit 190 I just kept going! I've drastically slowed down now, but since I'm so close to getting my BMI into the normal range I'm kinda sorta shooting for that (168 lbs).

Took me 3 months to hit my original goal of loosing 50 lbs and 2 more months to drop another 15 lbs.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    For me, I think the most difficult part of maintaining is accepting the very normal weight flux and not internally freak out over the 1-3 lbs daily variance.

SW: 136
    GW: 107
    CW: 95 - 97 (I'm 4' 10" before anyone freaks - hehe)

It took me about 14 months to reach my goal weight. I have pretty much leveled off and is comfortably maintaining my CW for approximately 7 months now.

I've slowly learned to accept that there's really no 'maintenance phase' per say. This is how I want to live for the rest of my life. 'Maintenance phase' to me almost seems like a temporary stepping stone to something else but for me, there really is nothing else besides being healthy, eating right, and regular exercise. Not the most exciting but it works for me.

Best of luck to you!! <3
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    SW: 201
    GW: 170 took about 4 months
    CW: 170 for the last month
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    SW : 159 pounds
    CW : 125 pounds
    It took me 6 months to lose the weight ; have been maintaining for 10 months.

I am more motivated to exercise now than when i was trying to lose the weight, as the excitment of seeing the numbers on the scale drop has been replaced by the ones of seeing my fitness level and body composition change ( advice : take pictures now !! ) at my current weight