newbie in Bellevue WA

Options
Hello.. I am from Bellevue, WA and I am 305lbs and 5.6". I am looking to lose over 100lbs. I just started with this site but I have been up and down with my weight most of my adult life.

I find it hard to motivate myself after working all day to come home and cook a healthy meal and to exercise like I need to. (which is really sad as my gym is just across the street).

b

Replies

• LorrieM40
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to myfitnesspal. Motivation is tough sometimes. It is wierd. Sometimes I feel like what's the big deal? This is actually easy and then sometimes I feel like I seriously just can't do this! It definitely fluctuates. You're off to a great start. This is a great site with great people who really jump right in there to give you a boost when you need it. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I often exercise in the morning because I too lack energy sometimes after work. Maybe you could try going to bed early and getting up a little earlier to exercise? Also, regarding cooking healthy -- a big part of it is just making the healthy choices as easy as unhealthy choices are. Instead of having bags of chips or other high calories items around the house for snacks, get an airpopper for popcorn, or buy low-calorie preportioned items. For meals, I often use the Green Giant Simply Steam vegetables. They are very low-calories and delicious (they often come in a sauce). About 4 minutes in the microwave and you've got a good meal/appetizer/side. Keep your cupboards stocked with the good stuff and keep the unhealthy stuff out of the house. I think the most important thing is to realize losing weight is a longterm process. I've lost about 45 pounds so far (my lifetime goal is about 100 pounds from my highest weight), but it took me a good year and a half to get this far. Some people lose quickly and some people lose more slowly, but regardless, a good attitude is key to longterm success. Just keep making healthy choices, one day at a time!
  • cocopebbles
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!! Sometimes it is hard to get motivated...but we are here for you! I work in Everett, WA if you ever need a work out buddy let me know....im here if you need me!
  • highlordb
    highlordb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks.....I love the planning features of this site....it helps me plan my day instead of going off grid with my eating habits.....
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Go Hawks! I'm a fellow Washingtonian. Welcome to the site. What works for me is being prepared. When I'm not, I tend to eat badly. To fix that I bring a lunch bag, Walmart $7, with me everywhere. In it I have fruit, protein shakes, and I always have my water bottle with me too. This goes a long way in keeping my eating habits in check.

I also prepare myself by having all the little things done on Sundays. For instance, I get my clothes ready for the entire week on Sunday that way I spend less time figuring out what to wear and I don't have to worry about laundry. It's these little things that go a long way.

Good luck on your weight loss! You can do it!