New here. Let's support each other

Options
Hello
I'm not really new here, but this is my first time giving mfp a shot. I'd like to see how good this works. It would really help if I had friends to follow, so please feel free to add me.

Let's help each other out!

Replies

• adupree77
    adupree77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been on and off of this site for a long time. I'd like to finally start using it to its full potential so I can see results without relying on the scale.

I think I'll do better (and be more consistent) with some friends, as well.
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys too.....been here off and on for about 10 months. But now ready to try it out in full. Friendship helps.
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used this site last spring/summer, made some wonderful friends, and actually lost inches and weight. However, like so many, I eventually fell off the boat and put ALL of my weight back on and then some. I've been back for a few months now but have found it terribly difficult to find supportive, active friends. Please feel free to add me if you enjoy support and also give it in return.

Best of luck!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
  • kotarea
    kotarea Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just started acquiring friends found that it is really nice to have a support group to help motivate you to keep pressing forward!