Why is day 1 So hard!?

Options
Ive done this before, this diet and weight loss thing, its nothing new, today was my very stressful and busy and exhausting day 1, I just put my kids to bed for the night and had my last snack..but I am still so very hungry... I so badly want to just give in and eat.. but No , I will not do that.. Instead I will vent here about how much day, 1 and heck week 1 for that matter suck...

Replies

• icrydiamonds2006
    Options
    I had that same problem...I started in the middle of the day yesterday bc a co-worker of mine was telling me about it...Today is my first full day of watching calories and stuff...It is kind of depressing when you look at how many calories is in stuff....I still have about 600 calories left and will not eat anything after 8pm....I feel like I'm starving myself :( No I'm not but that is how I feel bc I have ate so little...Good luck...add me as a friend if you would like and we can motivate each other...
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    All I can say is you should have seen my day 1- 4. Ooooh it was aweful. I thought I was going to die lol (over exaggerated a bit) but I did want to quit, but MFP wouldnt let me. Even after I gave in to the foods, I kept pushing and now i'm in more control than when I first started.

It gets easier. Well, I should say more manageable. Just hang in there. :smile:
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    ew day 1! I hate that day1, don't you? Stay strong girl! It gets easier! And pretty soon you will see yourself looking cuter than you thought you could, all happy and self-assured confident because you've done so well! You're in my prayers!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    fill up on steamed veggies! have some tea and a couple tea biscuits before bed (32 calories for 2, you get 'em in the grocery store). check out the 300 calorie recipes people keep talking about...speaking of which I think I'll go google that myself right now.
  • tatwood106
    Options
    I try to keep empty calorie items such as celery that take more calories to digest than are in them. That way even though I might go over by the numbers I know I'm really not. Good luck and stay with it.

Check out this site for even more negative calorie foods:

http://lifehacker.com/331319/fifteen-foods-that-burn-more-calories-than-they-contain
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water even if you are not thirsty. It will fill your void.
  • Dreamingwillow
    Options
    I am on day two and I'm ready to eat the refrigerator, keyboard, mouse....pretty much anything I can get my hungry hands on! But NONONONONONONONNNNONNONONONONNNONONO!!!!

Crunch, crunch, crunch....oh goodness there goes the backspace key!
  • Dreamingwillow
    Options
    Err....how many calories do you think that was?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be hungry so maybe your healthy way of eating is not plan out in way thats going to benefit you. You day 1 is looking like a punishment to me.
  • carfix2000ca
    Options
    Just get the flu for 3 days like I do....:laugh:
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know, I've been there a 1000 times and gave up after the first week. This time is different, I just finished my second week yesterday and I wont give up for several different reasons. Thankfully my first day was not bad, actually was exciting! I knew I could not keep on going in life with a triglicerides of 500! So that alone gave me the motivation and incentive to start and keep going. What are you hungry for? eat what you want to eat and small portion. Don't deprive yourself! Make smart choices, eat as clean as possible, workout, and give yourself a little reward. Not a whole hersheys bar, but one or two squares! Make changes that you can keep in a long term! And Good Luck to all of us!!
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know day 1 is hard to get through, but you will feel great once you have. Stay strong you will succeed..
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I find day 1 the easiest!! :laugh: Perhaps I'm warped :noway: It's when it gets to about day 21 that I flag.

I think I'm probably just more motivated and enthusiastic to begin with. Perhaps you're not ready mentally?? Write yourself a few lists of why you want to be slim and healthy. Stick them on the fridge along with a slim picture of yourself (or a fat one, depends which side motivates the best?). Perhaps that will help you gain a focus? :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Its now 1015 P.M and I am not hungry, I did get into the goldfish crackers however.. :) Not too horrible for me and I didnt even eat an entire serving!!

but I am doing Weight Watchers, I am not counting Calories this time around... sigh..this time.. I hate saying that... but anyhow, thanks for all your support I really do appreciate all the advice, I will be looking up the 300 calorie thing and the foods that burn calories :)