Lost 35lbs in 4 months!

Options
I've always been thin as a kid and so I thought that I would remain thin even after I got married and had kids. Boy was I dead wrong! In college I weighed 130lbs. After college I met my husband, got married and had 3 beautiful kids. My oldest is 6 and my youngest just turned 2. So with 3 children under the age of 6 I
often don't have any time for myself. With each pregnancy I gained 25lbs. I'm 31 years old and I finally made the decision to loose weight and get my body back last July 2010. My turning point was when I saw my husband's cousin who was 300 lbs for the first time in years. She just had gastric bypass surgery several months before and she had already lost close to 100lbs. She looked awesome! And right then and there I was determined to get back into shape.

So I started going to Zumba classes and I loved it! I was instantly hooked. The pounds started to come off and before I knew it I lost 35lbs! I have never felt better in my entire life! My goal is to get back to my old weight 130lbs. And I'm hoping to reach my goal by April or May! I know I can do it and I hope that once I reach my goal I will be able to inspire my family and friends to do the same!

Replies

• alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision! I just joined the site too...

Zumba sounds fun! The class at my gym is in the morning while I work. Bummer.

Happy losing!
  • stayinhomewithmy6
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! I have 5 kids (9, 7, 6, 2, and 9 months), so I totally know what you mean about not having enough time for yourself. It is hard, but it's something we just have to do. I have 0 time (or desire, honestly) to go to a class, but I ordered the Zumba Fitness set tonight and can't wait to try it!
  • moserary
    Options
    That is so great! Was it just Zumba that helped you lose the weight, or did you do anything else also? Also, how often did you do Zumba - like every day, or every other day, or what? I've just started Zumba and I'm loving it. I really want to teach someday too!
  • sanchw
    sanchw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi just started MFP and also Zumba! I also want to know how many days a week you are going? My goal is 3 days a week, but you know life, it doesn't always happen that way. Good to see it's working for you. Gives me inspiration
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome that you lost that much weight with Zumba, I have the DVDs and plan to get back on it after I am done with p90x. Like other posters asked where you doing something else other than Zumba? how often were you doing the class?
  • calaiasa
    Options
    That is so great! Was it just Zumba that helped you lose the weight, or did you do anything else also? Also, how often did you do Zumba - like every day, or every other day, or what? I've just started Zumba and I'm loving it. I really want to teach someday too!

I did Zumba 5 days a week for an hour! And I definitely think you should get certified! My Zumba instructor said one of the reasons she became an instructor was so she can still motivated and on track : )
  • calaiasa
    Options
    Wow that is awesome that you lost that much weight with Zumba, I have the DVDs and plan to get back on it after I am done with p90x. Like other posters asked where you doing something else other than Zumba? how often were you doing the class?

I wasn't doing anything else at the time. Just Zumba! But I've currently added Turbo Fire with Chalene Johnson to my workout and it's awesome. So right now I'm doing a hybrid program of Zumba and Turbo Fire......I call it my Zumba Fire Program! Lol! I'll let you know my progress with it in the up coming weeks : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!