So Proud of ME!

Options
I have gone back to the gym. I get up at 4:45am and spend about an hour there, go home shower and out the door for work. I don't do a whole lot, I ride the bike for about 30 min, then treadmill for about 20 min, I then do ab crunches and leg press. I can't do any upper body as I have two torn rotator cuffs and it is just impossible, I cannot even lift my arms to shave without difficulty. But I am working up a big sweat, feeling it during the workout and after and because I am just starting out again I am taking it slow.

But proud of me that I am getting up that early and so far sticking with it. I keep a pic of Jabba the Hut in my mind, don't know why because I'm not that ugly, LOL but it is just my stupid reference.

Anyway, I am feeling accomplished right now.

Replies

• LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :drinker:
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to struggle with a rotator cuff injury.... You are AMAZING!
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done....keep up that drive!
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are my MFP Friend. And you are doing a fantastic job. You just keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud of you too:smokin: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LOL Jabba --- I personally like Pizza the Hut myself for mental images....but great job getting to the gym!
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thamk you all so much. I feel so good today. I know I will be tired later, I just have to remember what all this hard work is for, myself and my kids. I wish I took it more seriously when I was younger, live and learn.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you'd be able to do heavy barbell deadlifts with your rotator cuff injuries? It's like the Holy Grail of lifts, and is a full-body workout, basically. Give it a try, they are one of the best compound lifts you can do.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    We're proud of you too. I love the Jabba the Hut image. I think I should get a picture of him next to my alarm clock for when I don't want to get up.
  • nicoleyg
    nicoleyg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • losingit39
    losingit39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU!!!
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you'd be able to do heavy barbell deadlifts with your rotator cuff injuries? It's like the Holy Grail of lifts, and is a full-body workout, basically. Give it a try, they are one of the best compound lifts you can do.

I'm going to give it a try, light ones and see how it does. I thought having one torn rotator cuff was bad, but both dang it is tough. But I want to try it.