How much is 30g of cereal?

Options
mariams99
mariams99 Posts: 14 Member
I need help! I don't know how to measure out cereal :explode: I don't have a food scale at home, I don't know what cup size t measure by for answers that say "1/2 cup" or something, and I have very small hands so I don't know if the handful method would work for me. If anyone could provide a photo of a cup to be used or a photo of how much cereal is in 30g that would help so much! :smile:

Replies

• Fentyman
    Fentyman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    get a food scale. 20 bucks at walmart - problem solved.
  • mariams99
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not American; where I live, food scales are considered futuristic gadgets and are very rare, lol.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    One cup is 236.6 milliliters.
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    without a food scale no one could tell you...
    30g could be 1/2 of one brand and 1/3 cup for another brand...
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It varies greatly from cereal to cereal. 30g of puffed rice is VERY different than 30g of granola.

If you can't get a food scale, at least get a set of measuring cups.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Get a scale, the best 20 bucks you will spend...
  • mariams99
    Options
    It varies greatly from cereal to cereal. 30g of puffed rice is VERY different than 30g of granola.

Good point! I guess I'll have to try to find a scale then :smile: for reference though the cereal I'm talking about is Nutrifit Bran Stars which are a bran cereal, quite light.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Definitely try a food scale. I got mine off of Amazon for maybe 10 bucks. I find that cereal is one of the easiest foods to underestimate the serving. I know a proper bowl of cereal in my standards is at least 4 servings!
  • gizmo_2014
    gizmo_2014 Posts: 37
    Options
    Try to find a scale and measure ALL food. Measuring cups are not an accurate measurement of how much a serving is unless it is liquid.

30g of one cereal is more then 30g of another so no one can tell you how much in terms of cups it is.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

This!