PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter

jennyfair24
jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone tried this yet? I have a lot of Facebook friends that are talking about it but I'm curious if its good before I order it.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    did not even know there was such a thing, will watch to see peoples responses, but probably not available in Canada!!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    PB2 is fabulous! I'll smear that stuff on whole grain bread or a rice cake and just indulge. It's like the peanut butter gods heard our pleas! lol I prefer the chocolate to the plain, though. Go easy on the water when you mix it, or you have peanut butter soup. lol My grocery store stocks it, (HyVee) so you may want to check your stores before you order it off the net.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    What would be the benefit of powdered peanut butter over real peanut butter? I can't imagine it tastes better, or is healthier. Is it lower cal?
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Love it! Tastes good mixed in a protein smoothie as well as mixed with water and smeared on things.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    What would be the benefit of powdered peanut butter over real peanut butter? I can't imagine it tastes better, or is healthier. Is it lower cal?

A 2T serving is only 45 calories and 6ish g of fat. MUCH less than normal PB, and if you're a PB junkie like me, one serving is simply NOT enough.
  • I have never tried it, but the one thing that came to mind - yuck. Sorry, it might be super good but what's the point? If you want PB, have PB and enjoy it!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member

A 2T serving is only 45 calories and 6ish g of fat. MUCH less than normal PB, and if you're a PB junkie like me, one serving is simply NOT enough.

I'm a PB junkie too. I guess if you need to use PB2 to help you reach your calorie goal, then it could be a good alternative. But I want to point out that the fat is regular peanut butter is all very healthy fats that are actually good for you, and they are good sources of protein. So if you can afford the calories (especially if your someone who under eats), regular peanut butter is awesome.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I love it. I mix it in my protein shakes and oatmeal. I also mix it with jam, sugar free chocolate syrup, or sugar free maple syrup and spread it on toast or crackers.

45 calories for 2 tablespoons? I'll take it! :)

I had to order mine online.. Didn't feel like going out of my way to find a store who actually carries it.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Thanks for all the replies so far! There aren't any local stores that stock it so I wanted to hear what everyone thought of it before I ordered online. I love peanut butter and eat it a lot with celery, carrots or toast but I was looking at it as an alternative to regular pb to put in my protein shakes. Looks like its time to place an order :smile:
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    did not even know there was such a thing, will watch to see peoples responses, but probably not available in Canada!!!
    I live in Canada and the only place I've been able to find PB2 is at the Low Carb Grocery (there's a location in both Markham and Mississauga, ON). I'm having some right now with a banana! In my opinion, the regular PB2 tastes a little funky at first, but I got used to it in about 3 days. The chocolate PB2 is tasty too, and great for squashing chocolate cravings.
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Tried it, wanted to love it but just didn't. Its ok stirred in things but its not very good if you stir it with water and then eat it on crackers, toast, apples or such. Just not the same flavor or texture. I love chunky PB and I'll work it in a few times a week rather than sub a PB product that just doesn't equal PB. That said, I do enjoy it stirred in my vanilla yogurt, kinda tastes like a PB cheesecake filling.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    ingredients are listed as peanuts, salt & sugar.

why the sugar?
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    I love it! Especially the chocolate PB2 :smile:

I get it at the Low Carb Grocery in Toronto.
This discussion has been closed.