What do you dip in salsa?

Options
2»

Replies

• lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite snacks is some canned black beans and cooked brown rice mixed with salsa. It's super filling and delicious!

Sometimes I will bulk it up a bit by adding halved cherry tomatoes, thawed frozen corn, diced pepper, shredded carrot - whatever you want! Or top with a bit of crumbled feta or cheddar cheese.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nearly everything ... except maybe for dessert. At our house we sometimes use it as a salad dressing. I eat it with a spoon all by itself. Sometimes this embarrasses my husband, but I'd rather eat it that way than eat chips. It's also good to add to many different soups. I put it on top of fish and then broil it.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I love to throw salsa on a salad with 1 serving of crumbled tortilla chips. I love salsa on a baked potato and a spoon of plain greek yogurt. I love to make a delicious frittata and put salsa on it.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've been eating veggies and dip for a while and need a change. Another low cal dip is salsa but besides chips, what would be good to dip is salsa?

Thanks!

I have to avoid gluten and not a fan of regular corn chips, so I use Nut Thins by Blue Diamond. They're made from ground almonds and brown rice, then baked. Very crunchy and sturdy enough to hold a heavier dip.
  • alyssiaJones
    Options
    I've had same question for a while. I've been using beanitos chops from whole foods. They are chips that are made with beans. I was happy with these until I found out they were flash fried then baked. They have some falafel baked chips and publix and another at wholefood called something guilt. I think it may be no guilt chips.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices! I also LOVE salsa on my eggs.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    There's no problem with chips. Just make sure you keep track of how much you eat. Maybe measure them into a bowl and then put the bag away.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i like salsa mixed with cottage cheese to dip with whole grain chips, celery, whichever veg really, also like it on taco salad.
    also do hummus with all veggies, sometimes corn type chips, or pita. hummus and celery/carrots fulfills my salty crunchy desires lol
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a dip, but I do put it on my eggs, in a breakfast taco wrap or on my burger. I have also put it in my rice or on a potato. Lastly, in a salad - I will sometimes use salsa and some cut up mango or pineapple as my 'dressing' and forgo the regular salad dressing.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I put salsa on my cottage cheese.
  • lotr4000
    lotr4000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds. :3

Although regular salsa is too carby for me unless it's a special occasion, or I can make it myself.
    I crave the verde, or Taco-Bell brand 0-1 carb knock-off. :)
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been eating veggies and dip for a while and need a change. Another low cal dip is salsa but besides chips, what would be good to dip is salsa?

Thanks!

I use salsa's many different kinds from the store (Walmart) on my SALADS as dressing... lower calories than most dressing and always gives it a nice kick... like white corn and bean salsa... and the Chipotle Pineapple Salsa with some chicken on the salad... yum!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    i like fresh salsa on hot dogs! mmmm
  • mg1147
    mg1147 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ah, chips and salsa= my weakness.

This is actually what prohibited me from losing weight. Those damn chips will get you! I switched over to Salsa Hummus. I actually discovered it last week and I AM IN LOVE. I eat that with carrot sticks and so far, it has prevented me from reaching over to my tortilla chips (they're high in calories and carbs no matter how 'healthy' they claim to be!)

Let me know if you try it!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Warmed corn tortillas. A little healthier then chips, about 50 cals each.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I make an awesome chicken fajita salad and use salsa for the dressing...so yummy!
    Depending on the salsa, it sometimes makes an awesome salad dressing. Not really a "dip" but a definite change from the usual dressing :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    salsa stirred into cottage cheese with celery stick dippers
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I buy the sun dried tomato rice cakes and load them with salsa. If I have lots of calories I will add cheese. Yummy.