Is it ok to give in to my fast food craving??

Options

Replies

• iseelondon
    iseelondon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I say yes, in moderation. Try to make it fit in your calorie allowance or exercise a bit more. One hint that works for me, I buy the sandwich there and come home to bake some Ore-Ida golden crinkle french fries. I have much better control over portion size and they cost me fewer calories.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Why not?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Absolutely add it in and it won't screw up your plan.
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    mcdonalds isnt even unhealthy anymore so yeah
    i used to love big macs but they began to make me feel sick so i quit then i went to the chicken tenders then they got rid of them and now there r the nasty mighty wings
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Calorically speaking, doesn't matter. There ARE additives like MSG in said "food" designed to trigger more eating though, so be very careful to make sure it doesn't trigger physical or psychological cravings for more junk.

(source: MSGTruth.org)

Carol Hoernlein, P.E.
    Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings

10 years as a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in NJ working on site plans and drainage design for new construction for residential, commercial, and municipal sites in Northeastern NJ. I am proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D 2011 and have been using AutoCAD in my design work since 1997. Expert Witness before Municipal Boards and also in legal proceedings before the Courts on engineering matters. Municipal experience as an elected official in Tenafly, NJ 2007-2009 where I was Fire Commissioner, Planning Board Member, Liaison to the Zoning Board and Historic Preservation Commission. I also headed the Department of Public Works and Building Dept.Committees.

:huh:

to add: but the site says MSG Truth was created in February 2002 by former food process engineer and food scientist, Carol Hoernlein.
    Are these two branches of engineering the same?
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've been craving a Big Mac for weeks. Finally caved and got one yesterday. Worked it into my calories and worked out extra just in case. Scale went down this morning. :)

So, yes, grab one and work it in!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well, what you eat is totally up to you of course, but fast food is so bad for you in every way. I would suggest making yourself a burger at home with lean ground beef (there is a LOT of weird crap in fast food "beef"). You can satisfy that craving without eating scary stuff!
    If you eat the burger whilst wearing a tin foil hat it makes it a lot less scary.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds isnt even unhealthy anymore so yeah
    i used to love big macs but they began to make me feel sick so i quit then i went to the chicken tenders then they got rid of them and now there r the nasty mighty wings
    well i wouldnt go that far.. mcdolans is still relatively high in sodium, fats, sugars, and lacks many essential vitamins and minerals . eating solely food sold at mcdonalds would not be a great choice
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Calorically speaking, doesn't matter. There ARE additives like MSG in said "food" designed to trigger more eating though, so be very careful to make sure it doesn't trigger physical or psychological cravings for more junk.

(source: MSGTruth.org)

Carol Hoernlein, P.E.
    Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings

10 years as a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in NJ working on site plans and drainage design for new construction for residential, commercial, and municipal sites in Northeastern NJ. I am proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D 2011 and have been using AutoCAD in my design work since 1997. Expert Witness before Municipal Boards and also in legal proceedings before the Courts on engineering matters. Municipal experience as an elected official in Tenafly, NJ 2007-2009 where I was Fire Commissioner, Planning Board Member, Liaison to the Zoning Board and Historic Preservation Commission. I also headed the Department of Public Works and Building Dept.Committees.

:huh:

to add: but the site says MSG Truth was created in February 2002 by former food process engineer and food scientist, Carol Hoernlein.
    Are these two branches of engineering the same?
    im a fan of civil engineering, its extremely close to my future field of work (architecture) but what does it have to do with mcdonalds?
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I used to have the motto of "you shouldn't eat that on a diet" until I failed that diet and gained back the weight I lost and more. Now I eat what I absolutely want and have lost 41lbs doing so. I don't eat burgers everyday but If I want a burger I will have it and make room in my calories. I am not going to live my life "scared" of food anymore.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do...I still eat pizza, wings, sometimes even chinese food. While I make sure the pizza and wings fit into my daily calories the chinese food does not and I tend to retain alot of water but the next day I go right back to logging and staying within my calorie goal and I'm doing great. I don't not allow myself to have certain things...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Every so often I crave a big mac meal or something similar. Is it ok to give into those cravings as long as I fit it into my calories for the day? I don't want to ruin my dieting and weight loss by giving into these cravings every so often if it's going to completely screw me up.
    Yep. I believe dieting is about calorie restriction, not food restriction.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's fine. I never was a huge fan of McDonald's, but I do Taco Bell and Subway pretty often. I did have a happy meal last week that was the bomb.
  • tracielh1976
    tracielh1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yea i know if i dont i sit there thinking of it all day
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna pop in and say that if you usually eat "clean," eating something really sodium laden will definitely make you retain some hardcore water weight, so don't flip out if the scale jumps by like three pounds the next day! Just drink water and move on with your life. It's absolutely okay to eat fast food in moderation, but be sure you know what will happen so it doesn't freak you out and trigger a guilt response the next day :]
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well, what you eat is totally up to you of course, but fast food is so bad for you in every way. I would suggest making yourself a burger at home with lean ground beef (there is a LOT of weird crap in fast food "beef"). You can satisfy that craving without eating scary stuff!
    If you eat the burger whilst wearing a tin foil hat it makes it a lot less scary.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ok. I eat a Burger King double bacon cheeseburger at least twice a month.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There is a book on amazon called 'the takeaway secret'. Give you reciepes, ive tried the big mac at home,tastes almost exact. Just if your looking for a home option. If not, just count it in. Not great all the time as low nutrient values.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I had a Big Mac last night. It was magical.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to have the motto of "you shouldn't eat that on a diet" until I failed that diet and gained back the weight I lost and more. Now I eat what I absolutely want and have lost 41lbs doing so. I don't eat burgers everyday but If I want a burger I will have it and make room in my calories. I am not going to live my life "scared" of food anymore.
    This!!!!!