Sauna's and steam rooms

Options
Thoughts, pros/cons, suggestions... Anything... I've never been in either and am curious what people think of them. Do you see a benefit in either? Things I can expect? that sort of thing... Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there are pros / cons when it comes to steam rooms and saunas. I love them both, especially if the steam room has eucalyptus in it. Go ahead, live on the edge..........enter the steam room. ha ha
  • workshardplaysharder
    Options
    I didn't even know there are pros / cons when it comes to steam rooms and saunas. I love them both, especially if the steam room has eucalyptus in it. Go ahead, live on the edge..........enter the steam room. ha ha

+1 on the eucalyptus! It's really neat to be sitting in the steam room and feel chilly at the same time.

OP: they're both really relaxing and I enjoy them both.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I plan to do this at lunchtime once a month at the gym for pure relaxation after 4/5 days there a week and working out at home :)
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sauna is great. Nice and toasty. You feel so relaxed. I sometimes go before I workout or after. Same with the Steam room, so steamy I can only last about 6 minutes in there. Let yourself breathe deeply. I think the benefit is better breathing when you come out and feeling no stress afterwards. Personally I feel accomplished when I come out of one.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i hear those are really popular among the husbands of MFP
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love saunas, especially after a great workout. I only allow myself to enter them after a tough day at the gym to savor the reward of pushing myself.