Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fav gym bag? Best sweat towel?

Hiya!!

What do you take your stuff to the gym in?

Drawstring backpack have been okay for me however I haven't found a good brand and maybe need something bigger. When I swim I need to pack more "stuff".

And, for the sensitive skin crew, myself included. What sweat towel do you use? I sweat like a madwoman which is fabulous, the more sweat the better :) but I need a decent sweat towel too.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• dawnr2
    dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, I'd be interested in info on a towel too
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    I just can't find a towel doesn't irritate my skin! :)
  • I use a Nike Legends Sports bag in Black and I LOVE it!

As for towels - my gym provides them so I just use theirs. Never have any problems.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Favorite bag is easy - the Los Angeles County coroner's office selling them with their logo. http://www.lacoroner.com/Assets/ProductImages/Front_Zipper_Pocket.jpg

No one will dare touch the bag.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    my gym bag, towel and a 650ml Shaker Bottle were all provided by my gym as a welcome pack. More then serves its purpose
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    I have a massive Nike sports bag so I can carry:

Change of clothes/towel/shoes
    Toiletries
    Pair of Oly lifters
    Strength wraps
    Knee sleeves
    Shin skins
    First aid kit, scissors, plasters, bandages, heat gel, ice spray, ibuprofen gel etc
    Voltarol sticky heat pads
    Kinesio tape
    Liquid chalk
    HRM
    Various notepads, pens and random bits of paper
    Water bottles and a shaker bottle

Honestly it is ridiculous - all the gear and no idea! :drinker:

I forgot the microfibre towel. It's great, rolls up tiny and fits into a little plastic container. I'd recommend one of them as a sweat towel.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    I have this bag, but in black/neon green accents. http://www.zappos.com/nike-legend-track-tote-2-0-legion-red-legion-red-laser-crimson?ef_id=UvkGAQAABE1Jdz4y:20140711194539:s

It's a nice size, because it's big enough to fit a change of clothes and sneakers, but not huge so I feel like I'm hauling a suitcase. Bonus is the cross body strap, so I can ride my bike with it.
  • Lennonluv2
    Favorite bag is easy - the Los Angeles County coroner's office selling them with their logo. http://www.lacoroner.com/Assets/ProductImages/Front_Zipper_Pocket.jpg

No one will dare touch the bag.

Dare I say I would love one of those!!
  • Lennonluv2
    I have this bag, but in black/neon green accents. http://www.zappos.com/nike-legend-track-tote-2-0-legion-red-legion-red-laser-crimson?ef_id=UvkGAQAABE1Jdz4y:20140711194539:s

It's a nice size, because it's big enough to fit a change of clothes and sneakers, but not huge so I feel like I'm hauling a suitcase. Bonus is the cross body strap, so I can ride my bike with it.

This bag looks nice and I like the pink, Tks
  • Lennonluv2

Toiletries
    Pair of Oly lifters
    Strength wraps
    Knee sleeves
    Shin skins
    First aid kit, scissors, plasters, bandages, heat gel, ice spray, ibuprofen gel etc
    Kinesio tape
    Liquid chalk
    HRM

I forgot the microfibre towel. It's great, rolls up tiny and fits into a little plastic container. I'd recommend one of them as a sweat towel.
  • Lennonluv2

Toiletries
    Pair of Oly lifters
    Strength wraps
    Knee sleeves
    Shin skins
    Kinesio tape
    Liquid chalk
    HRM

I was too quick to hit that damn post reply....Anyway.... yes, that's a helluva lot of stuff. Burt who am I to judge carrying my handbag daily is a workout without the actual workout. lol
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    For a gym bag, I just use a plain black one with a space to put shoes in a mesh area.

For the towels, I found Pro Performance towels which are light weight, very absorbent and dry quickly. I like them much better than the ones provided by the gym.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    I'm always intrigued by the people in the gym who don't have a sweat towel. Mine is soaking by the time I am done. One time I freaked when I forgot it. Ha!
  • Lennonluv2
    I'm always intrigued by the people in the gym who don't have a sweat towel. Mine is soaking by the time I am done. One time I freaked when I forgot it. Ha!

Some people at my gym literally leave puddles near the machines....g.r.o.s.s.