I'm doing ok with total Calories but how can I lower Fats???

Options
2nd week here and I'm doing great with total calories I need for the day but I always go over in Fats or Carbs and sometimes in Cholesterol... How frustrating!:sad: I love pasta, beans and rice... so if Anyone has suggestions on meals I would appreciate it.

Replies

• bainy68
    bainy68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Quinoa. Nice rice substitute. Good in salads.
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Never heard of that... u think i can find it in Publix or I should go to a whole foods supermarket?
  • Hansjs
    Hansjs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been making a low fat white bean chicken chili that is really good and very low fat. There are tons of recipes you can google. I double the recipe and freeze myself a few bowls.
  • heidiscool
    Options
    They have Quinoa at major supermarkets now. I would also suggest Quinoa pasta or whole wheat pasta. Use brown rice. Buy fat free greek yogurt and eat lower fat meats like chicken and turkey and ground turkey. When doing beans, buy the prepared lower fat version or make your own and do not add meat or sugar. There are tons of low fat recipes out there. There is a very positive benefit to lowering fat and cholesterol in living longer and feeling better.
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Vegetables because they are filling. Pasta if it's wheat and no rice if you can't eat it in little amounts. Lean cusine dinners are good and frozen vegetables and meat, like turkey, ham, fish ,protein is very important. Good luck!
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Vegetables because they are filling. Pasta if it's wheat and no rice if you can't eat it in little amounts. Lean cusine dinners are good and frozen vegetables and meat, like turkey, ham, fish ,protein is very important. Good luck!

Nooooooo cant get away from rice!!! :noway: Ok ok i will eat strictly brown rice and no more than 1 cup. Chicken I am doing more of, turkey eeekk LOL and YES love Lean Cuisine meals. I try to take them to work for Lunch everyday. I didnt prepare the pasta for today otherwise I would have done whole wheat. Thanks for the tips :happy:
  • pjames22
    Options
    I see you just joined in January also. I have found it very beneficial to look at my "Friends" diary and get some ideas on the different things they are eating. Sometimes something that you would never dream would be lower in calories is. You are welcome to request me as a friend and find others to you also have a support group (that is very important). Good luck.
  • DoralisM
    Options
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Ooooh adding u and looking at your diary now... Thanks for the friendship offer :flowerforyou:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I'd suggest switching to fat free milk, eating greek yogurts, and trying low fat ice creams (if you have to have ice cream).
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    theres a pasta called carba nada..they have it at a diet store near me but i dont know where else they sell it, you could look it up. its low carb and tastes amazzzzzzzing! they have all different flavors too. definitely look into it
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    so breyers fat free vanilla ice cream is only 90 calories for a half a cup and NO FAT delicious!
  • DoralisM
    Options
    NO WAY!!! Im getting ice cream next week! Thanks :wink:
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog yesterday, Calorie-free & Low-calorie Foods, with some good ideas.

I think everyone has has given good ideas. Since I just started exercising and eating less, it's a bit too cumbersome to worry about calories and fat and sugar. What I'm doing is giving myself a little time to get used to the calories and then I'll focus on fat, then sugar, and so on.

Good luck!
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    :smile: no joke i think it tastes better than regular vanilla ice cream. and theres fiber in it too