What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've had a few recently. 1) I went to White House Black Market and bought a dress that was XS! (awesome clothes, btw); 2) Last weekend I ran 10 miles and was under my previous fastest per mile pace by 20 sec; 3) I was driving in my car and some cute younger guy said I was beautiful and asked if I was married and for my number. (kinda creepy to be asked while I'm driving, but still flattered) It's been a great last few weeks !
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is the second time I've seriously tried to lose weight. I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. Several years ago, I decided to do it, worked out 5 days a week for 90 minutes a day and after 6 months.....lost 9 pounds. I became so frustrated that I gave up. Almost three years ago, I had my daughter, and about a month and a half ago, realized at my annual physical that I was 19 pounds heavier than when I delivered. So, since May 21st, here are my victories:

1. I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't fit into since I got pregnant.
    2. I weigh less now than when I delivered my daughter.
    3. I teach drug and alcohol prevention groups to at-risk teenagers. Yesterday when I went to the waiting room to get the teens, one of the girls announced that I looked pretty. It's the first time someone other than my husband or parents have told me I'm pretty in years. I nearly cried.
    4. My favorite shirt is too big as of this morning.
    5. I bought a dress from the regular section instead of the plus sized section.
    6. I went from a 24 to a 20.

I may still have 100 pounds to go, but I've lost the first 22 and that feels good.

I remember when I went from the plus to the regular section. It felt soooo good. Now I'm at a place I never dreamed. When I had my last child I was a size 22, now I'm a 4 :) Congrats on your success, and you can do it!!!!
  • Jessesbride
    Jessesbride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    At our family's 4th of July bash, my (technically my husband's) cousin's boyfriend couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost! Seriously. He was gushing! Wanted to know how much I'd lost & what I'd been doing to loose it! Just couldn't get over that I'd lost so much weight (about 42 lbs) & kept telling me how great I looked. It was almost embarrassing lol... My BIL had told me a month or so ago how great I was looking. People who see me every day tell me how great I'm looking but to hear it from those I don't see as often has been nice.

Have also been able to fit into a couple of "smaller" 2x shirts & several 1x shirts that before were too small.

When I don't get a chance to go walking (with my DH or otherwise), I miss it. :happy:
  • smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went for a run in the park. Wearing running tights. In public. And when I ran past a couple of giggling teenagers, I didn't automatically assume they were laughing at me!

Congrats!! Isn't that great, when you no longer feel like the punchline of a joke? :)
  • smashy_smashy
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats on your faster time :)
  • smashy_smashy
    Options
    Way to go!! :D
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Another NSV from yesterday. My mother-in-law brought out a box of Ding Dongs (my ABSOLUTE favorite!) and offered me one. I said no, quickly followed by, "I can't believe I just turned down a Ding Dong!" My husband said, "Are you okay? You never pass up Ding Dongs!"

ETA: 220px-Ding_dongs.jpg

This! I turned down the dessert selection at today's work potluck. Day 5 of my sugar free spree :)
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A skirt that was a bit tight when I bought it a month ago, fits me just fine today. Actually a little loose around the hips.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I tried a new workout today: TRX suspension training. It was really fun, they hook you up to these cables and you use your body weight as resistance weight for strenght, flexibility, cardio and stability
    I looked skinny in a picture my cousin took of me :)
    I'm starting to feel like I look relatively small again!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Actually, and this is hard to describe, but I feel, "lighter". I've lost 20 lbs off my high and it is just so much easier to move around without having to carry that weight and have it be in the way. I'm very pleased.

I've been experiencing this exact feeling lately.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Realising that due to all the weightloss and exercise I am now that much fitter when participating in 2 on 1 sparring at my local karate class the 2 guys I was sparring with commented on how was I still going strong when they were both knackered!!!
  • Nicholeu
    Nicholeu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually was able to fit into a bra at Victoria's Secret recently! Might sound crazy, but I can't remember the last time I was in a "normal" size bra.
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran, and it felt great. So I ran faster, and it felt great. So I put it on an incline, then did treadmill lunges. And it felt great. I put the flexibility machine on it's highest setting. That made me feel good. I took a shower at the gym. When did I start being someone that showers at the gym? I put on a little back dress and let my hair down. Is that really me, looking glamorous coming out of the health club? Got a healthy drive-thru lunch. I didn't get fries? I'm still amazed, and I thank God, because, wow. For all of these to happen in one day - I knew it had to be God!

I love this post. You've put all the reasons it's worth it to put the time and effort into being healthy down in one paragraph. Plus you show gratitude for your strength. <3 Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!