looking for Paleo/whole 30 friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm totes paleo. Add me. I love nuts and berries.
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question. I think once I am done with Whole 30 I may switch to Paleo. I just won't eat much of the animal fat.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am starting the challenge on Monday July 7th. Feel free to add me.
  • YouNeedaSpankin
    YouNeedaSpankin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    do you think the book is worth buying.. i found a bunch of groups on FB for whole 30 so i was thinking of skipping the book..

I've read a bunch of paleo and other lifestyle books, so I almost skipped reading "It Starts With Food." I am so glad I read it. In plain language, it really drives home that the changes must be more than just diet and exercise in order to fix the hormone cycles that regulate total health. It's an easy read- totally worth the time and money.

I am starting tomorrow too. Just finished cleaning out the pantry. :-)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question. I think once I am done with Whole 30 I may switch to Paleo. I just won't eat much of the animal fat.

That's a good idea. Stay away from the fats and the carbs.
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    I just finished day ten with the Whole 30. One thing I have noticed almost right away is since starting the diet my feet and ankles are not swelling with the hot weather. Usually when it gets over 100 degrees, my feet look like pillows and my toes touch each other. I am loving the fact that they look normal. I don't know what I gave up that was causing the swelling, but I like having normal feet. Please share if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
  • mom2RW
    mom2RW Posts: 5
    Options
    woops
  • jenncarv1031
    Options
    ON Day 15 of my first Whole 30, is anyone else doing one now? Happy with my results so far...mixing it with P90X for weight training & the ellipitical and walking for cardio. I use the fitbit one to keep track of my steps/miles, aiming for at least 14,000 steps most days