54 yr old - First Day - First Post

Options
13»

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I too am older than you and have been successful with just counting calories on MFP. I am allotted 1290 calories a day, some days I go a little over that, but the scale is going in the right direction.

I started about 2-1/2 years ago, when I didn't know about MFP. I took off about 18 pounds in 9 months then got stuck on a plateau for about a year, found MFP and the scale started moving again. Now only a few more to go.

You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will do great here. There are a lot of very supportive people here. Add me if you like and good luck!
  • KatieTJS
    KatieTJS Posts: 12
    Options
    You all are wonderful!

This is so much better that WW!

I can't tell you what you support means to me!

I've lost 7 pounds since starting on July 9th. Is this really going to work? Am I really doing it? I'm so excited!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    54 and have been dieting since elementary school! Welcome to MFP.
  • oxyclean
    oxyclean Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: Welcome; I"m new myself. This is day 6 for me. I think this is a wonderful way to work on loosing lbs. At first I thought it was going to be a struggle. I was so wrong. I am actually eating more than I use to. The one hard habit for me was fast food and eating after 8:00 pm. So far ,NO fast food. I do still have mixed snacks.Sometimes sunflower seeds.once a single side fudgsicle.(40 calories) Wishing you well.Seeing how many calories I'm putting in my body,makes this doable.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You definitely are in the right place! Whether you need to lose a hundred pounds or 10 pounds, this is a good place! :)
    I'm 49 and have been here for a almost 2 years. My weight still fluctuates between 160 - 145 because I'm not always able to eat right or I get sidetracked. :P

I find that if I watch portion size I lose weight. I lift weights and do circuit training. I would recommend focusing on food intake to lose fat first and then build muscle because when you build muscle and you want the scale to move (lower number) you may be disappointed. For the longest time that was my struggle. I work out and build muscle and the scale moves the wrong way! :P

I have sort of come to the point where I will weigh myself and say oh well, my clothes are lose, so it's good… lol!

enjoy the people here! some of the messages are funny and some are crude. :) it's a mixed bunch of people here.