STRETCH MARKS

Options
2»

Replies

• Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You don't gain stretch marks by loosing weight, they can just become more/less apparent when you loose weight(you probably notice them more because you are looking at yourself in the mirror more often). That said lotion can help as it hydrates your skin and encourages healthy skin cells. They will become less apparent over time as the layers of your skin replacate themselves.

On an anecdotal note in my experience all girls have them. Even very tiny/skinny girls who have been thin their whole lives have stretch marks on their *kitten*, hips and thighs.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have stretch mark scars from being really overweight in high school-mostly on my arms, thighs, bum, and hips. They used to be a bright red, but after I lost weight and gave it some time, they have faded to just a little lighter than my skin color. Really not that noticeable anymore and they don't bother me. I tried all sorts of creams, lotions, etc and nothing worked pretty sure when they are there they are there, although at least the color fades. Of course I'm pregnant now and already know I'm stretch mark prone so I'm hoping vitamin e and daily lotioning will help but I doubt it
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fairly quickly (3 months?) mine went from being dark marks to now being texture rather than color. That is somethingI I used tons of Palmer's Cocoa Butter and also tried to stay as well hydrated as possible because that was the advice I saw repeated over and over. I have also heard that regaining and re losing weight will make them even worse, so perhaps the best thing you can do for them is be sure not to gain.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Time...time and more time--unless you want laser surgery., I've havnt had children yet, I have had stretch marks since a big growth spurt during puberty. Lots of girls get them this way. I'm surprised you are only now seeing any. Mine are barely noticeable now, and are so old they are not red at all, but barely there lines that blend in with the rest of my skin--but they are now 15 years old. So time has faded them away. Sorry I don't have better advice,
  • lelyke
    lelyke Posts: 47
    Options
    You don't gain stretch marks by loosing weight, they can just become more/less apparent when you loose weight(you probably notice them more because you are looking at yourself in the mirror more often). That said lotion can help as it hydrates your skin and encourages healthy skin cells. They will become less apparent over time as the layers of your skin replacate themselves.

On an anecdotal note in my experience all girls have them. Even very tiny/skinny girls who have been thin their whole lives have stretch marks on their *kitten*, hips and thighs.
    Wrong! Stretch marks occur when there is a sharp change in your boy, whether gaining or losing such that your skin can't handle the sudden change causing the dermis to tear and hence forming a scar.
  • babylinh
    babylinh Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi!
    I've got stretch marks as well, and I hate them sooo badly. I noticed them a couple of months ago and purchased Bio Oil, which hasn't shown any visible results yet. However, I read a lot about micro needling and lots of people seem to have achieved good results from it. Thus, I bought a derma roller and already did my first roll. I also ordered some single needles to use with my roller. As they say, collagen production is a long process, and one needs to be patient, sometimes first results start to show only months after 1st roll. I'm gonna stick to this and see, hope I will get some improvements!

Would love to hear from those who have been using derma roller as well, what are you results guys?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Palmers and time :)

Wear the bikini, a tan helps.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I know that my wife isn't fond of hers (okay, hates them), but I like her tiger stripes. Every time that I see them, I don't see ugly; I am reminded of the amazing daughters that she gave birth to.
  • Aestuavi
    Aestuavi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have horrible strech marks on my thighs, hips and boobs. Some have faded by using bio oil and Mama Bee Belly Butter. I don't even mind them that much, but I do want to prevent getting any more.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have loads! From aggressive IV steroid therapy back in 1988.... Cushing's syndrome from the drug....but hey, I survived when I could have died! They are still there and everywhere, but hey ho, not red, but white! I don't really think you can do much once they are there. Biotherm was an expensive waste of money.
  • zodan1976
    zodan1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have some new stretch marks on my shoulders that appeared since I started losing weight (that's weird though, usually, stretch marks come with putting on weight, but anyway). My wedding is at the end of september and I would love them to be discreet by that time.

I'll take any tips you have.

For your wedding use make up foundation......I know of a lot of ladies that do that for tan lines and such......Congratulations!!
  • bkk40in2011
    Options
    I agree with other posters in that i have read they don't go away. However, I read recently a couple of things about them - 1. The red angry marks could be because you are dehydrated. Hydrating that area can cause the redness to diminish which is why some of these things work. 2. Adrenal fatigue I think has a symptom of angry red stretch marks. Look it up as a symptom just that way and you may see some other tips for reducing the color.
  • ketoambahh
    ketoambahh Posts: 67
    Options
    They're not my stretchmarks, they're my tiger stripes. :)

Embrace them: it shows how far you've really come.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    They're not my stretchmarks, they're my tiger stripes. :)

Embrace them: it shows how far you've really come.

Love this^