17 day streak of mindful eating

Options
I've achieved my longest ever streak of mindful eating! I am saying mindful eating, because I havent stuck to my calorie goal every day. There have been two evenings when I went out to celebrate birthdays. Usually in my old habits, I would have written that whole day off (and perhaps the rest of the week....) and said sod it, lets go all out. But this time, I kept my calorie goal as normal throughout the day, and just thought that in the evening I will see what i fancy having and if it is over my calorie goal, well never mind, it's a special occasion and I can get back on track tomorrow morning. No blow outs or binges, just acceptance that I can't be 'on a diet' 24 hours a day.

Anyhow, i've lost 6 pounds, so 7 pounds left until I hit my goal :)

Replies

• miya265
    miya265 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! That is great work! I know it because I tend to blow the day off too! Keep up the work! All the best!
  • TinyBriony91
    Options
  • katieannebrown
    katieannebrown Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and also on the great attitude! That sounds like a really healthy way to look at those special occasions.
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! I really am trying to make mindful eating become second nature as well. Very inspiring :)
  • TinyBriony91
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Rocking loss! Congrats!
  • glitterysam
    glitterysam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well done! I'm on day 7 of mindful eating so hopefully in a few weeks ill be following in your footsteps :)
  • Danyell1205
    Danyell1205 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Keep up the good work! ????????
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I like the way you worded that "Mindful Eating". That's what I've been doing. I only had 1/2 a piece of that pie my Mother-in-law brought down recently. I chewed it slowly, logged it, and never went back. Too much cholesterol. :)
  • Georgeandme
    Options
    Well done hun that's great you have done brilliantly!
  • suejfisher
    suejfisher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well done - that''s a really positive attitude which encourages me to keep going even though I can't hit my calorie goal every day. Thanks
    Sue
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Great work - I know how hard this is as I am actively trying to drop my 'all or nothing' attitude! Well done :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!