Sugestions for Veg

Options
kardsharp
kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
I have had dental surgery this week and am now having trouble getting in enough veggies. MMy whole right side is really sore. I love me my kale salad but, I can't seem to chew it very well.

Besides blending my food (yes I know someone would suggest this :-) , do you have any suggestions?

Namaste, kristine

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    "Suggestions for Veg"

not.

what.

I read.

Sorry not sorry.

But- to address the real topic at hand:
    outside of blending- and boiling/steaming to death for you to gum on- I got nothing. I ate soup and ice cream- and hummus- lots of those things when i had surgery- the first two days I didn't eat or even drink hardly anything. I wouldn't worry about it if it's only 2-3 days.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Soup! Butternut squash soup, tomato basil soup, soup soup soup!

Mushy peas and carrots.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who had oral surgery and she relied a lot upon those Peter Rabbit brand organic fruit snacks. They are usually with the infant/baby foods in a natural food store. They have both fruit and veggie blends and they are drinkable. Dunno if that would help.
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that you best bet would be to juice them (yes, I know its like blending). Other than that, soups. Make mashed cauliflower, cook the crap out of your carrots and do a souffle type thing, saute fresh spinach and mix with mushrooms
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Do mashed potatoes count?

Steamed broccoli can be fairly soft, too.

Slow cooker veggie soup, maybe?