meal replacement/protein shakes 1

Options
So a friend of mine gave me half a container of Herbalife Formula 1 healthy meal nutritional shake mix-dutch chocolate, and I have been using it for a few days now but only one meal a day instead of 2. What I want to know is if I should keep using it or try something else. The nutrition facts are as follows: calories 90, total fat 1, sodium 100, carbs 13, fiber 3, sugar 9, and protein 9. While I feel the calories, fat and sodium content aren't too bad I feel that 13 carbs and 9 sugars is high and 9 protein is too low. Is there any really good meal replacement/protein shakes that are pretty low in everything except protein that still has a lot of good healthy ingredients that can suppress appetites as well?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Product like Herbalife are expensive and unnecessary, and they do not teach you how to control your portions properly or have a healthy relationship with food. Your best bet is to eat food. If you are having trouble hitting your protein macro, just get a big tub of whey protein at pretty much any store. You can supplement that way, or just eat more protein. Don't waste your money on meal replacement shakes. :flowerforyou:
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    Protein world slender blend. (Not promoting)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if your looking for a protein source then 9 is very low. most have more then 20 g of protien a serving.

my suggestion would be to simply by the cheapest stuff you can stomach
  • rosie1694
    rosie1694 Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree with above- protein world slender blend is fab (again, not promoting, but it's just really good). Content is: 146cals, 2 carbs, 2 fat, 29 protein, no sugar or fibre. Definitely recommend, it's not overpriced either!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    for some, perhaps price is a non issue.

I like to figure out how many grams of protien are in a container, and then divide that by the cost to determine the cost per gram of protien (since thats what you really want). It makes a more accurate price comparison between brands IMO.

then do the same thing with chicken. if your paying significantly more per gram of protien for your whey mix then it costs for chicken then your paying to much IMO