Electric pressure cooker recipes

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
We just got a pressure cooker and can't wait to use it for the summer. My cousin gave us a green curry chicken recipe to get us started. Do you have a recipe that we should try?

Replies

• godblessourhome
    Options
    No one else out in Myfitnesspal-land uses a pressure cooker? :)
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I really want a pressure cooker, but have no recipes except for a few I've pinned on Pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/boxergurl/pressure-cookin/

I'm really thinking about buying one, though. I'd be interested in the green curry chicken recipe if you care to share!
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Which pressure cooker did you purchase??
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I cook whole chickens and they come out falling apart tender. I also cook tons of beans. In fact I often use my giant canner to cook enormous batches of beans to can or use as roasted chick peas.
    Try corned beef with veggies, delicious!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    oh yay! some responses. :)

we bought a 6-quart cuisinart pressure cooker from costco. i don't remember the numbers after it.

thanks for the link to your board. i am following it. :)
    Try corned beef with veggies, delicious!

i love corned beef! thanks for the suggestion. do you cook the cabbage in there too?
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    1 cup coconut milk
    4 tablespoons Patak's Milk Curry Paste (can substitute hot, but I used mild - it's a green color)
    1 medium onion, diced
    3 pounds chicken - strips or cut up breasts
    1 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 1/2 cup frozen peas
    salt to taste

White Rice and brown lentils

Pour coconut milk into a 4-quart or larger cooker and blend in the curry paste. Set over high heat and add the onion and chicken.

Lock the lid in place. Over high heat bring to high pressure. Reduce the heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook. Turn off the heat. Allow the pressure to come down naturally - after 4 minutes, release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow steam to escape. If the chicken is not tender, cover and simmer until done.

While chicken is cooking, add rice and lentils to rice cooker and cook until soft. rice and lentils need the same amount of water and cooking time. the rice and chicken should be done at a similar time.

Stir the peas into the curry and simmer until they are defrosted, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and blend the yogurt mixture into the curry. Salt to taste. Serve over rice and lentils. Add a cilantro garnish if desired.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm boosting this because I just got my electric pressure cooker and love it! (Instant Pot Duo60 7-in-1).

So far I've made:
    chicken and dumplings
    roasted beet risotto
    chicken and rajma masala
    macaroni and cheese with broccoli
    easy mexican chicken (sauteed onion and jalapeno, frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs, fire-roasted tomatoes)
    cheesecake (maybe the best cheesecake I've ever made)
    apple ricotta cake
    several batches of dry beans (this is taking a lot of trial and error so feel free to message me for details on what's working for me)
    beef stew meat for use in a Palestinian rice dish, cooking in 20 minutes instead of an hour

Tonight I'm making cornbread in it :)

Here is a link to some recipes I've collected on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/shangsm/pressure-cooker-recipes/
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    No one else out in Myfitnesspal-land uses a pressure cooker? :)

I use mine all the time! Google for recipes , but you will save tons of time.. I use for quick mashed potatoes.. Cook in small amount of water I think 3 minutes.. Drain mash and your done. If you get a meat that is not as tender, place in here, works every time.... Our favorite is country style ribs that have a good rub on for a couple of hours, put in cook 15 minutes, take out.... Will be very tender, put in pan and cover with favorite BBQ sauce, bake 25 minutes at 325.. Wonderful. You will save a lot of time.. Good luck..

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe, but cubed butternut squash is delicious in the pressure cooker!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I use my pressure cooker all the time! I have a stove-top version.

I've found that pretty much any crock-pot recipe will convert well.

Last night I did beef and barley stew. I winged it because I've made it 100 times, but it goes something like this:

Brown flour dredged stew meat in bottom of pot, set aside.
    Add chopped onion, carrot, celery, cook until a little caramelized
    Add baby potatoes (halved) Cubed russets disintegrates, btw
    Add beef back in
    Add 1/2 cup raw barley
    Cover with a couple cups of red wine
    Season, herbs, salt, pepper, paprika
    Add beef stock to cover
    Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. (I believe electric cookers require a bit more time)
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    You guys, this recipe is unbelievable:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/pressure-cooker-butternut-squash-risotto-sage-brown-butter-quick-easy-recipe.html

It made 8 nice side-dish sized servings - 384 calories per serving per my recipe here. SO GOOD.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Tagging for the links, thanks