Wedding Weight Loss Successes?

Options
Icoza87
Icoza87 Posts: 111 Member
I'm wondering if there are any out there who had success losing weight for their wedding? Mine is in about 14 months & I'd like to lose 80 - 100 lbs by then.

Before and afters would be awesome! :wink:

Replies

• Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    how did you do? When is your wedding?
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I actually started my weight loss journey to get ready for my sister's wedding. Her wedding is August 23rd [I like to count it in weeks, because it's easier to see how much time I have to lose, hoping for a pound a week] so I've got 6 weeks to get to the wedding day goal of 145 [7 more pounds].
    Our first day going to the gym and starting seriously with MFP was February 3, 2014. I am 5'3" and had a starting weight of 169.2 and a waist measurement of 35".
    This picture on the right was taken on July 3, 2014 at 151.2 pounds and waste measurement of 31".
    So in 5 months I lost 18 pounds and 4" on my waist, I'm still far from my final goal, but hopefully I'll reach my wedding goal! Good luck to you :wink:

photo1_zps713515ec.png

photo2_zps6b7cfa2f.jpg
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!

I started seriously working towards my goal wedding weight about 6 weeks ago. I am down 6 lbs, and have 15 more to go in 40 weeks. I think I can do it! Hoping to lose the weight sooner.... in about 15 weeks so I can be at goal for engagement photos and dress try ons and such.

Good luck brides! :happy:
  • aem91409
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!

I started seriously working towards my goal wedding weight about 6 weeks ago. I am down 6 lbs, and have 15 more to go in 40 weeks. I think I can do it! Hoping to lose the weight sooner.... in about 15 weeks so I can be at goal for engagement photos and dress try ons and such.

Psh you'll have no problem reaching your 15 pound goal in 40 weeks girl! I've hoping to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks for my vacation to the Dominican Republic, it'll be hard but hopefully I can do it!
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get in shape for my wedding which is 20th June next year. I'd like to lose about 30lbs and have 49 weeks to do it in so hopefully steady, consistent losses will get me there.:smile:
  • Barbeight
    Barbeight Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape for the wedding, too (or maybe more the honeymoon :P)! I started at the beginning of this year, and have lost 19 lbs since January 1st. For the first three months, I focused on making small, consistent changes-- no snacking between meals, no take out dinners, walking an extra 20 minutes a day, exercising for at least 20 minutes a day three times a week. Just those small changes made a huge difference and I was able to lose about a lb a week for the first three months. . . and then I got bronchitis! No exercise for about 2 months, but I still tried to do the extra walking and avoid snacking. I lost about 2-3 more lbs during those two months, and then when I was feeling better in June, I started seriously tracking my calories, aiming for the MFP recommended net calories for 1 lb of loss per week, and exercising at least 6 days a week for 30 minutes a day. So, the rest of my weight loss (about 6-7 lbs) has been in the last month.

Generally, I think aiming for 1 lb a week is anyone's best way to get consistent weight loss success, so your goal may be a little bit ambitious, but you may find that once you change your eating habits (i.e., reduce salts and refined sugars, increase fiber), that you'll initially have a bigger initial drop-- e.g., loss 3-5 lbs the first week or two. I would definitely recommend easing into it, b/c if you push yourself too hard early on, you could end up with an injury that could side line you for a couple weeks---such a frustrating experience and will not only mean less weight loss, but backtracknig in your fitness level.

Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!

Psh you'll have no problem reaching your 15 pound goal in 40 weeks girl! I've hoping to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks for my vacation to the Dominican Republic, it'll be hard but hopefully I can do it!

Thank you!! I hope I have no problem. :smile: Vacation in a tropical place = perfect goal!! We can do this!
  • aem91409
    Options
    I'm also trying to get in shape for my wedding which is 20th June next year. I'd like to lose about 30lbs and have 49 weeks to do it in so hopefully steady, consistent losses will get me there.:smile:

You got this! Just keep yourself on track and you'll have no problem :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • LowCarbHighFatNat
    LowCarbHighFatNat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is only my second post. I am fairly new to MFP. However NOT new to the whole diet ordeal. My wedding is 10-11-14. Trying to lose before then! Would love support!
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Hello! This is only my second post. I am fairly new to MFP. However NOT new to the whole diet ordeal. My wedding is 10-11-14. Trying to lose before then! Would love support!

Welcome! And congrats! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I actually started my weight loss journey to get ready for my sister's wedding. Her wedding is August 23rd [I like to count it in weeks, because it's easier to see how much time I have to lose, hoping for a pound a week] so I've got 6 weeks to get to the wedding day goal of 145 [7 more pounds].
    Our first day going to the gym and starting seriously with MFP was February 3, 2014. I am 5'3" and had a starting weight of 169.2 and a waist measurement of 35".
    This picture on the right was taken on July 3, 2014 at 151.2 pounds and waste measurement of 31".
    So in 5 months I lost 18 pounds and 4" on my waist, I'm still far from my final goal, but hopefully I'll reach my wedding goal! Good luck to you :wink:

photo1_zps713515ec.png

photo2_zps6b7cfa2f.jpg

Keep up the good work! I too am 5'3 and trying to loose about 40lbs. I have yet to get results due to my own self but keep it up! I am sure you will make your goal!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started on 7th April 2014 and have lost 25lbs so far. I'm a bridesmaid for a friend who is getting married in April 2015 so still have time to lose more! I don't reckon I'll hit my overall target by then but anything is an improvement! :smile:
  • MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any before and afters...but my wedding is August 16th!

I have gradually been losing weight for the past couple of years (highest 142 in 2012, and lowest, now at 119.)

About 6 months ago I switched over to the Paleo diet (I am such a carnivore.) This is been working the best for me. I will eat eggs, turkey bacon, and paleo almond bread for breakfast....burgers on lettuce wraps with a side of veggies for lunch...snack on fruit & nuts, and dinner the same or some protein (I love lamb chops, steaks, ect) with a vegetable. I also eat arctic zero ice cream (a WHOLE pint is 150 calories-chocolate is the best flavor) and mix in PB2 (peanut butter powder....its soooo good mixed in.)

Of course I still have my cheat days where I will eat cookies, chips, cakes, alcohol....but for the most part (5-6x week) I stick to paleo.

Hope this helps and good luck!

OH YEAH...and I work out like a maniac :)
  • Buffy_the_Bride
    Buffy_the_Bride Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    no success story yet, but I'm in the same boat at OP!

Trying to lose about 90 more pounds by my wedding in December of 2015. I'd like to be done by a month before though, so it's losing an average of 1.5/week. Don't know if it's realistic, but I'm going for it.

I figure that the date is going to come and go regardless, so even if I don't reach the ultimate weight loss goal by then I'll keep on going.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i get married on the 6th of September this year, i've been trying to lose weight for it for over a year, my goal at the moment is to get down to 13st for my wedding, i'm currently 13st 9lb so it feels possible as long as i work hard for the next 8 weeks

my suit fits perfectly in every way apart from it's a squeeze to button up, i just need to lose some belly and i'll be fine

i do wish i'd buckled down earlier though
  • Jsmir
    Jsmir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on September 6th of 2015! I am wanting to lose 30+ lbs by then. I have plateaued since I did a bootcamp a year ago... I run pretty regularly but when I don't I find that I quickly gain some weight! Any tips?
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    got weighed at the weekend and now i'm only 6lbs to go, looks like i'm going to fit into my suit after all :)
  • HelloDoris
    HelloDoris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get married in less then 2 weeks.. eeeep.. am not quite at goal (that I set myself for the wedding) need to lose another 3lbs to do it, but thats okay, I am happy, my dress fits, all will be good. Have my best friends wedding in Autumn and I want to be another 9lbs lighter for that.. I'm taking it really slow and steady and losing about 3lbs a month which is ideal for me (plus I dont have much left to lose).

Good luck everyone and congratualtions!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My wedding was 3 years ago and I lost 67lbs for it. Unfortunately I did so by restricting my food and calories way too much and my only focus was fitting onto my wedding dress. The moment my wedding was over (even though I said I wouldn't do this) I immediately fell back into my old habits and gained back nearly every pound in just over a year.

Sorry, not to be a downer! Just make sure you have a solid plan in place to continue your healthy lifestyle after the wedding. Good luck!
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs (although I've just had my hen do weekend so it's more like 24 as of today! But that should be very temporary!) and I've passed my aim for my wedding weight aim by 3lbs too, so I reset my aim and I only have 3lbs left to go and 5 weeks :D it should be manageable!

I've lost weight through calorie counting, lots of exercise (running, gym, swimming, just started weight lifting) and occasional treats!

Here are some before/durings:

IMG_2790_zps8c8668b7.jpgScreenShot2014-06-18at095529_zps000ea0cf.png
    cf8f1027-e4d2-4c02-8cd9-e25267a3aa46_zps74875cc3.jpgScreenShot2014-06-18at095833_zps58bd9724.png
    Me_zps766d89cc.jpg3F709E68-64AC-4C25-8750-AF630D91D51B_zpsfl1uwjoe.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!