Should I stop?

Options
Seems my body doesn't want to lose anymore weight. Everytime I cut calories it starts giving me binge urges. I don't have self control so I always give in to them. However when I'm eating maintenance I don't get them at all. What do you all think? Is 127lb a good weight for someone 5'1? Should I stop trying? :ohwell:

Replies

• WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Bump a dump
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Unless you have medical conditions or psychological conditions then the only one that can answer what a good weight is is you. But realize that if you aren't losing weight you are probably going a stray somewhere. Everyone can lose weight. Open your diary and maybe we can help.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There is no person who can answer that but you really. There is no "good weight" for anyone. There is a good body composition for sure but not knowing what your body comp is can't know what a good weight for you is. Do you like your appearance? Your level of fitness? Anything you'd like to improve on? I'd focus on that over the scale.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    I can lose weight yes. The binging is the problem not the weight loss. I've been thinking of eating at my goal weight's maintenance. It will be a hell of a slow loss (half pound a month) but I'll get there. I'm not hungry when I binge because I meet my fibre and protein goals. I just get urges like crazy.
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Why are you binging? I mean, what triggers your binging? If it isn't hunger, is it being bored? Are you depressed or stressed? Why have bad food in the house? Can you just get rid of it? That helped for me.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Why are you binging? I mean, what triggers your binging? If it isn't hunger, is it being bored? Are you depressed or stressed? Why have bad food in the house? Can you just get rid of it? That helped for me.

It's not bad food. It's anything. Not candy just food! And like I said I'm not sure. I will be honest and say I binge because I don't have self control over the urge to eat something. But that specific urge does not happen in the first place when I eat at maintenance. So a binge doesn't follow if I don't get the urge or the craving or whatever you want to call it.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    I've been thinking perhaps half a pound a week is too big a deficit for me? Maybe I should just make it like 700 calories a week deficit. At the moment my goal is 1310 excluding exercise. (1500 with)

I don't know though. It's just a theory. :ohwell:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking perhaps half a pound a week is too big a deficit for me? Maybe I should just make it like 700 calories a week deficit. At the moment my goal is 1310 excluding exercise. (1500 with)

What are you doing for activity? If you change your outlook from "exercising to burn calories" to "eating to fuel activity" you might find that the urge to "binge" stops (simply by reframing your outlook).
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but for someone 21 years old and probably very active, your goal is too aggressive. My goals are about the same but I am 49 and sit at a desk all day.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Just my opinion but for someone 21 years old and probably very active, your goal is too aggressive. My goals are about the same but I am 49 and sit at a desk all day.

I'm lightly active. I'd I don't walk I just sit around all day also
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options

I think this is a good theory. Even if you have to reduce it to a 500 or less calorie deficit a week you will still lose it in the long run and will avoid the binges. Do what works for you.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options

What are you doing for activity? If you change your outlook from "exercising to burn calories" to "eating to fuel activity" you might find that the urge to "binge" stops (simply by reframing your outlook).

I walk 3.7 miles a day collecting ingredients for my potions, then sit on my butt reading spell and magic books all day :bigsmile: