Women doing Body Beast???

Options
Hi folks.. just wondering if any women out there are doing, or have tried the body beast program? I am quite keen to try it out, but cant help but feel slightly intimidated by the whole lifting heavy thing... I would love to see any results pics from doing the program

PS, guys feel free to post before and after pics too... as us chicks love the eye candy!! lol

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've done the program 1x and I'm starting again tomorrow (eek). I'm doing it with a bunch of others, who for the most part are Body Beast experts... so I'm going to either sink or swim... and I don't plan to sink :laugh:
    I hope you decided to take the plunge!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lots of women do Body Beast and really love it. Get into it. You won't get bulky, just trim and toned. I just started the program today actually, and I'm so excited to pump it up. The last time I did it, I gained 6 lbs of muscle mass, although I ate too much and put on some body fat as well. I'm going to stay leaner this time and focus more on my nutrition. I've got a great example of a woman that did Body Beast, but I cannot figure out how to attach pics to these messages.

Allan
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Allan, any chance you're a part of the Year of the Beast group on FB?

I'm with you on trying to stay leaner. I definite didn't cut enough when I did it so I was a bit "fluffier" than I would have liked. But it was a great program for me to start with since I was (and still am) a novice weight lifter :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I started it and quit after a week. I didn't find the program to be difficult or intimidating, the lifts are pretty standard. I'm not sure how heavy you are planning to go, since it is a hypertrophy program there are a lot of reps and sets, so you might find yourself wearing down more quickly than expected.

The reason I quit was that I found the program to be a logistical nightmare. The workouts were just too long for my schedule, and I found myself yelling "ok, let's go already" while they were sitting around chit-chatting because I didn't need as long of a break between exercises.
  • meg_072
    meg_072 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started it...feel free to add me! :)