So many questions!

Options
Hi! So I have posted before... My story:
So, I lost weight over a course of about 10 months eating 1200-1300 daily. I am 5'3, small boned, 18 years old. I upped to around 1400 for a month, and after still loosing I upped from 1400-1800 over the course of about 2 weeks. I have monitored my weight and it has stayed within 3 pound range every morning that I weigh while I have increased. I am now at 1800 for the second day and my weight is still within this 3 pound range. As I have increased more towards 1800 it is in the "middle of that range" rather than on the lower end.
I have some questions...
Should I go by an exact number rather than a range to monitor if I have gained from this increase?
Does 1800 seem too high?
How much should sodium effect the scale everyday?
I'm out of school now, and lightly active. I walk our dog 1-2 times per day, do errands, chores, etc. I do work at a daycare classroom but only 10 or so so hours a week. Other than that, I don't exercise.
Also,
Does this mean that I'm kinda past that "water weight" thing from increasing and probably won't be affected?
Thanks!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I think you are correct, you're in the middle of your range around 1800. You're still young, I'm around 2000 and I'm a lot older than you.

My weight can fluctuate 3-5 pounds daily depending on sodium. I try to stay around 2500 but that's not always the case.

You're doing good, keep doing what you're doing.
  • chaarlotte289
    chaarlotte289 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think you are correct, you're in the middle of your range around 1800. You're still young, I'm around 2000 and I'm a lot older than you.

My weight can fluctuate 3-5 pounds daily depending on sodium. I try to stay around 2500 but that's not always the case.

You're doing good, keep doing what you're doing.
    Thanks kdiamond! So you think I'm mainly maintain rather than gaining while upping?
  • NeedtoSimplifyDieting
    Options
    Are you at your ideal weight now? I'm 150 and salt is always around three pounds in my world. If you care to do so, we created a solution called SimplifyDieting. It's designed to change your parydyme about weight loss taking the "sacrifice" perception out of dieting.

It seems like questions like yours are answered if you have the proper mindset about dieting in the first place.

Best of luck and keep the faith!

Matt
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    do you exercise? that helps
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    1800 sounds fine if you're happy. I eat less than that (I eat my exercise calories on top of it though), but lots of people eat more.

I think a range is the healthiest. In the summer, people do tend to hold water - especially if they eat a lot of sodium. It's the heat. Oddly enough, the more water you drink, the less you will do that.

But it sounds like you're doing great. Congratulations! You might add some more exercise. This is a great age to find something you really like doing - pool or skating or running or whatever.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    about sodium: during exercise I ate a (big bag, maybe 4-5 ounces) of super-salty pumpkin seeds in the shell one day, and the rest of my diet was on/under daily target. I picked up 5 pounds of water in one day! And lost the 5 pounds the next day.

True story. Yeah I'm not exactly a hero. Something about all the fiber in the shell and all that salt, retained a huge amount of water.

They were fantastic.