How to achieve results?

Options
Hello, I'm not new but I somewhat am haha. So I'm looking for motivation and help. For those of you who have gotten success with weight loss and lifestyle changes can you help me? I always start but I fall off the wagon when I don't get results. Also what exercise regimens have you followed that helped with your weight loss?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's not an overnight change. You have to stick with it even if you're slow at seeing results.

- Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit. <---- That right there is really ALL it takes for weight loss.

- Exercise. (What kind of exercise will vary on your goals and what you enjoy doing)

That's really all there is to it.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It's not an overnight change. You have to stick with it even if you're slow at seeing results.

- Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit. <---- That right there is really ALL it takes for weight loss.

- Exercise. (What kind of exercise will vary on your goals and what you enjoy doing)

That's really all there is to it.

+1

My advice would to be to log all of your food. Use a food scale and weigh all solids and viscous foods (like peanut butter, butter, etc.). Use measuring cups only for liquids. Don't deprive yourself of the things that you like to eat, just eat less of it and find ways to fit them into your day. Make logical choices at restaurants, order a side salad with dressing on the side with your meal instead of french fries if you don't have the calories for them.

Set a reasonable weight loss goal on MFP. With your goal, I would aim for about 1lb/week if I were you. This is not a race, be patient.

Find an exercise that you *enjoy*. Don't torture yourself in a spinning class if that isn't your thing. I used to do long distance running the first time I lost a lot of weight (info on that is on my profile... I under-ate, over-trained, and gained it all back). This time around, I did a lot of different cardio in the gym, but used to actually dread the workouts. I began a heavy lifting program in early May and for the first time in my life, I actually look forward to going to the gym to see what kind of progress I can make on my lifts.

And my last suggestion... take progress pictures often! The scale sometimes doesn't show what your progress pics and measurements will show.

These habits do get easier the longer you stick with it! I promise!