C-section belly

Options
2»

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 C-sections myself, the pooch with third one got so much worse. Hoping to lose it somehow someway!

In the mean time, high waist bottoms are my best friend!

Thank you Alexis for he explanation - no chocolate, that is HARD :)

My pleasure! The 3rd one is so much worse, lol. I eat chocolate every day however I am not good at the moderation thing. :) Its my fault though. I think I was more motivated with my 2nd because I knew we were going to try for another fast (got pregnant at 8 months post partum) so I had to get back into shape fast. This one I feel like I have more time but then again I hate the lower belly. I think I need a kick in the pants! Hah!
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get your belly to look mostly normal again. There's another post of women who were able to get back into decent shape.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/909249-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks

After my first child I lost all of the baby weight plus another 17 lbs or so and I still had a little pouch.

(5'3" 185 pregnancy weight got down to 123 lbs)

I knew a girl with 2 children who got flat abs after careful nutrition and doing P90X. Not sure if she had a c section or if that would work for most or if she just got lucky. I am pregnant with baby #3 and praying that I will one day have a decent stomach again.

I looked at that thread but it's older I guess so the images don't display for me, even when I click the button! Can we start a new one and ask ladies with success stories and tummies to pls share here so we can see! I'll check again on the old thread, thank you! I should also prolly read it haha :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/909249-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks?page=12

I just looked at it again today and pages 12 & 13 had pics I could see. Some of the earlier pages didn't. I am hoping for results like theirs :>
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have the same questions... as I have had 2 C-sections. :grumble:

ditto ^^ i've had 3 like the OP...i'm still way overweight so def have the overhanging pooch.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections and I wear bikinis at the beach now. The belly is defninitely different than before, and I'm not going to fool anyone into thinking I'm a 20-something who never had kids. But, I can wear skimpy-ish swim wear confidently. Now the skin does wrinkle when I bend over or what have you, but standing up and lying down, the belly looks good.

Now, I have a friend who has never had kids. She's athletic. Really into kick boxing and stuff. Since we were 12 she's had a lower abdominal "pooch". Always. She will need plastic surgery to make it go away.

We're all different. But, in general, you can work and improve your abs over time. You can spot reduce, but you can firm up and strengthen your core to be the best YOU you can be!!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Preaching to the choir sister..its like a shelf..that I don't want and don't plan on putting anything on...I am not sure mine will ever go away but I will try....it can be hidden pretty well...I think that you just need to get down to the lowest body fat that you can muster and hope it is not too bad or nonexistent..i feel ya.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections (one pregnancy was twins), and I find that lifting weights has helped a lot. I still have it, but I can hide it pretty well in clothes. I can tuck it into underwear or a swimsuit bottom and the rest of my belly looks flat. Sorry, I know that sounds gross and tmi!
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found this topic! I have had two full term pregnancies, the second required a c-section. I managed to lose all of my "baby weight" after my second son was born in 2012 (it took about 6 months, but I got down to around 125lbs) but still had lots of saggy skin and the dreaded shelf (it didn't help that I gained 50lbs during pregnancy and most of it was in my belly). I just gave up on the idea of having a flat "bikini" stomach ever again. But it sounds like with some hard work and dedication I may have a shot at it!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, Alexis hit the nail on the head. Good luck on your journey. I hate that fat looks like it accumulates above my scar as well (they had to do an emergency c-section so I wasn't mentally prepared for the scar and associated affects). Though the scar is completely worth the happy healthy daughter I have. Ahh... the sacrifices of motherhood.
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies. I understand your problems because a friend of mine had exactly the same thing.
    Unfortunately, when your muscles are cut for the performance of a C Section (especially more than once) there will always be a weakness there. Yes, you can exercise some of this away, but women, by the very nature of their abdominal structure will always have a tiny or maybe not so) "pot" on their lower abdomen. Its normal, and female.
    If you dont want to wear a bikini, go for a sexy tankini or a nicely shaped one piece with a nice sexy neckline.

Your scars are part of your life and part of you. I have scrs on my legs from replacement joint surgery, but am not offended by them - they mean I suffered and succeeded. If other people find them offensive, then tough s**t

Wear them and be proud.

Thank you for this post!! I agree completely and am proud of mine even if they never go away.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found this topic! I have had two full term pregnancies, the second required a c-section. I managed to lose all of my "baby weight" after my second son was born in 2012 (it took about 6 months, but I got down to around 125lbs) but still had lots of saggy skin and the dreaded shelf (it didn't help that I gained 50lbs during pregnancy and most of it was in my belly). I just gave up on the idea of having a flat "bikini" stomach ever again. But it sounds like with some hard work and dedication I may have a shot at it!

Sorry... double post!
  • karimyatt
    karimyatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40, 2 kids, 1st was natural, 2nd was c-section. I sit all day so am finding the shelf is growing. I don't mind the scar but hate how it looks when i am standing up in my undies. I can see the scar stick out further then the rest of my skin. I am very aware of it & can only imagine what my husband thinks, not that he couldn't lose a few lbs himself. I have found that the older I get & the more I gain & lose, the worse it gets. I am 5'8" and 192 lbs. Body fat is like 30%. Any specific ab exercises you skinny chicks can suggest would be appreciated!