SCALE MUST DIE! Challenge--Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    afvallen4.gif

this is what mine was saying

funnyscale.gif

I like the first one! I've seen talking scales before--I would definitely shoot one if I had it.
  • Baobab
    Baobab Posts: 17
    Options
    I am definitely into the idea of making my scale disappear for a bit. I am used to weighing myself between 4 and 9 times daily, I think scale disappearance would be a very good thing. I'm in. 1 week scaleless. Go us!
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    afvallen4.gif

this is what mine was saying

funnyscale.gif

:laugh: The only thing I'd change here is about 5-7 steps back and I'd use my mossberg 12 gauge :wink:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Anybody who wants to really feel a difference? Get a metric scale! (Kilograms) I bought a scale when I was over in Germany and let me tell you how great it feels to get on a scale and see the number in the 80's!

I think it helps because you don't always have time to calculate your weight back to pounds and it makes the number on the scale just that... a number!

I only weigh 97.9 kilos WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Anybody who wants to really feel a difference? Get a metric scale! (Kilograms) I bought a scale when I was over in Germany and let me tell you how great it feels to get on a scale and see the number in the 80's!

I think it helps because you don't always have time to calculate your weight back to pounds and it makes the number on the scale just that... a number!

I only weigh 97.9 kilos WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

tfr612ix4.gif

that's funny! Like thinking in terms of how much you'd weigh in "stones" like in the UK or how much you'd weigh on the moon!

Hmmm, let's see, I "only" weigh about 16 stone--shoot, who needs to lose weight in that case!!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i also appear to have post holiday issues and that has made me check more often. so, with the beginning of the rugby season upon me again i will ditch the scales for a month and see what happens. Last weigh in on sunday until the end of september.

oh, i also have a metric scale, and being from the UK also think in "stones" when i do calculate back. certainly makes for a good number, but as i use kilos, ponds and stones they really are all just numbers to me.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    moans and groans. No I just can't do it! :noway: It keeps me on track.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    im in also. the scale is gone. ive only started back training for two weeks now and although the pants and belt are getting loser and the sleeves are getting tighter. the scale says ive gained 4 pounds. it likes to play mind games. its evil in fact. ive learned to rely on the tape measure, the mirrior, honest friends and wrangler jeans.
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow i suck at this lol! i cheated already! when my husband gets home i am gonna have him put the scale in the trunk of his car so i can't have access to it :noway:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Weighing yourself daily can be extremely frustrating. Our weight constantly changes due to water, food, etc. I find weighing weekly on Monday morning with no clothes on the best way to get an accurate weight. Don't get discouraged :sad: when you hit a plateau, keep up your calorie count and increase/change your exercise routine. The pounds will continue to come off :smile: and you will get back on track. I will join the challenge. Good luck.

85625.png
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    wow i suck at this lol! i cheated already! when my husband gets home i am gonna have him put the scale in the trunk of his car so i can't have access to it :noway:
    I did it too. I am handing over the scale as soon as he gets home. Awesome idea!!!!
  • heyjuede
    Options
    I did it too. I am handing over the scale as soon as he gets home. Awesome idea!!!!

glad i am not the only one :laugh:
    my husband leaves for work at 2 am and usually gets home anywhere from 6-9pm. so this way i don't have it around the house:bigsmile: AND i don't think i am crazy enough to sneak it before he wakes up or while he is sleeping lol... we'll see how the weigh in goes next wednesday i guess:grumble:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Today was hard. I went to the grocery store. They have my favorite scale. I weigh less there with my clothes on then I do at home in the nude. I was so tempted to weigh myself but I was able to resist. Now only 5 more days:wink:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I left mine behind when I moved to my new apartment November 2007!!! I weigh in at least once a week at the gym however!!:happy:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Today was hard. I went to the grocery store. They have my favorite scale. I weigh less there with my clothes on then I do at home in the nude. I was so tempted to weigh myself but I was able to resist. Now only 5 more days:wink:

WAHOOO!!

How's everyone else doing?? Day 2 into the challenge?
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got my "friend" so it will easier than I thought to stay off the scale!:grumble:

I did have my husband hide it anyway. I cannot be trusted :devil:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

WAHOOO!!

How's everyone else doing?? Day 2 into the challenge?
    [/quote]

Oh boy, it's harder than I thought.......:ohwell: BUT, I resisted *dancing* and now that I've already eaten breakfast there's no way on gettin' on it. :noway:

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • heyjuede
    Options
    scale is officially mobile lol. :laugh: hubby has it in his car. when there is a will there is a way and for some reason i have no will power when it comes to weighing in. its like obsession! so i had to take some drastic measures, cause i can't be trusted either hehehh... :noway:
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I get my scale back tonight (I did this two weeks ago) so I can weigh myself tomorrow morning. I made my hubby hide it somewhere..I have no idea where he put it (i searched) but I'm so excited and scared about what my weight is going to say tomorrow!
  • heyjuede
    Options
    I get my scale back tonight (I did this two weeks ago) so I can weigh myself tomorrow morning. I made my hubby hide it somewhere..I have no idea where he put it (i searched) but I'm so excited and scared about what my weight is going to say tomorrow!

congrats on making it :smile: good luck with your weigh in!!!