Replies

• 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is coming may 28th i will be starting then
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such motivational posts! I'm down 6lbs as of Day #9 (today).

I cheated yesterday... I had a couple things that weren't "clean" yesterday at a cookout. However, I was wayyyy under my calorie allowance. I went hiking yesterday and burned 1530 calories on the hike alone, according to my HRM. I did well with eating clean all day and have since the challenge started so I don't feel too guilty for having a few chips and a tiny bit of potato salad yesterday. I'm back on track 100% today.

I'm also thinking about becoming an distributor for the discount alone. I love these products.

I've noticed I sweat a lot more at the gym when I use the catalyst. I'm also slightly addicted to Spark. :) It give me an amazing amount of energy without feeling jittery. I have a low tolerance for caffeine so energy drinks always made me feel like I was going to spaz out.

If you're doing the challenge, please send me a FR and let me know you are doing so because of this post. Please. :)

Good luck to everyone!
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine is coming may 28th i will be starting then

Good luck. You'll love it.
  • jessicamzavala
    jessicamzavala Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.siouxfallscompletefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/JessicaZStory.jpg
    This is the results I had previously from using Advocare. I was 173 at 5'4 when I started and went all the way down to 158 with Advocare last year. Of course I did gain it back once I started school (plus more unfortunately) and became a stress eater. So here I am again, ready to kick fat's butt again and keep it off. I just started the 24 day challenge a week ago and I went from 189 on the scale to 183 already.
  • roni79
    roni79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same, didn't do anything for the grab and go stuff though i may get the breakfast shakes 'cause its hard for me to eat breakfast. (even though this program has me waking up with an appetite for once - i just cant eat right away without being grossed out in the morning).

Im learning how to combine the best food options and how to get creative without butter, salt and condiments when prepping meals. Down 12.5lbs in 13 days!!!! Not hungry EVER except a little some nights if the workouts I did were crazy hard that night.

its allll about the prep.
  • roni79
    roni79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Done! 15lbs and 13inches gone. I want to keep going but I hate the meal plan. I need more options on I can't go on. I liked the cleanse eating plan way better with more healthy carbs and fruit in the day. My stomach needs the fruit too I feel. I lost all of my weight in cleanse phase but four pounds. Suggestions?
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I maintained most of the same food choices post-Advocare that I had during the 24-day Challenge. I'm still working on cutting weight, so during the week, I replace most of my breakfast and lunch's with meal replacement shakes. Dinner is still a healthy choice as are the snacks.

I also kept up with their Catalyst and Thermo as they work for me.

If you like the food you ate during the cleanse, I would just maintain that menu. Most of our food we eat is the same stuff we ate during the challenge and both my wife and I continue to lose the bad weight.

Good luck to you.

Disclaimer: Again, this is what worked for me. Your results may vary.
  • anewjaci
    anewjaci Posts: 3
    Options
    My husband and I are starting this on Monday. We got our package yesterday and we're a little overwhelmed by the amount of things to do. I'm a visual person, so I've created a spreadsheet to help plan out our meals for each phase. We are using WW for meals too, started two weeks ago on that, and my brother-in-law is our coach. I've found a few sites with recipes and tips, but would love any kind of suggestions anyone might have that helped them in their 24 days.
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is what worked for me; your experience may differ.

I completed the 24-day Challenge in March of this year. I started at 300 lbs and ended at 275. I didn't take measurements, but I did drop from a 46" waist in pants to a 42" (currently at 248 with a 40"). I think the average is 12 lbs and 8". It really depends on your body type.

As for what I did:

- Drink lots of water. I always had a water bottle with me and usually drank 1+ gallon a day. It's pretty easy once you get used to it

- Be prepared to use the bathroom. A lot. Especially Day 1 and Day 8. A lot. After the Cleanse portion, things return to normal

- I would prepare my lunch for the next day, as soon as I got home from work. This cut down on prep-time in the morning (I'm so not a morning person) and I could ensure I had all I needed to fit my meal plan

- Eat when you are hungry. I kept lots of fruit and vegetables in the house and those were my snacks. I didn't worry if I had too many fruits or vegetables (is that even a thing?) or if my carbs / sugars / whatever, went over my desired amount. If the weight / inches are coming off and you feel good and healthy; it's working

- Even though I'm a pretty static eater, as in I could eat oatmeal every morning for the rest of my life, don't be afraid to try new and healthy recipes. My wife really took control of this aspect and discovered all kinds of new ways to prepare healthy foods. It worked out great

- Look online for different types of carbs and proteins so you don't get bored eating the same thing over and over

- Eat when you are hungry. Yeah, I said it again. Between the water and healthy snacks, I was able to stay on the "diet" for the entire duration without eating anything that I should stay away from. The supplements will help with some appetite control

- Exercise. Definitely some sort of resistance (weight) training to help keep you from burning muscle instead of fat. I also did cardio on my non-lifting days. While this greatly assists in losing weight, it is mainly there to help you look and feel healthier. It keeps you motivated, gives you a healthy mind and body, and raises your endurance to continue a healthy lifestyle

- As always, this is a lifestyle change. While I still eat and enjoy pizza (man, do I enjoy pizza), ice cream, sweets, and other so-called "bad" foods (which really aren't), I no longer have the desire for them I once did. I really enjoy eating healthy and exercising. This is how I want to live my life from now on

A few things I wish I had done prior to the challenge:
    - Taken measurements other than weight
    - Weighed myself more than once a week
    - Taken Before pictures

Once I completed the program, I continued to eat healthy and exercise. I still take some of the supplements but I am probably done with them after this batch is gone. Most of stuff in them, I get through the food I eat.

Good luck to you and hope you achieve the results you are looking for.
  • lisamarielopez1
    lisamarielopez1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been pretty flustered with the amount of negative posts regarding Advocare, so I am TRULY happy to have found this one!! I just started on Monday and am down 6lbs as of this morning (Thursday). I would also really love to have FR from any of you so that maybe we can all help each other out! Maybe start a group so that we can discuss without the negativity? Just an idea.

Congrats to everyone! :) I've enjoyed reading all of your comments!