Spanx!

Options
I would love to hear from people who have tried Spanx. Spanx are extremely expensive! Are they worth their high price? My worst figure flaw is butt sag. I have only one pair of pants that compresses my butt enough to where it is unable to sag (Old Navy Rock Star pinwale corduroys). They give me a muffin-top, but they mash my butt so tight that it looks normal! I wonder if Spanx are powerful enough to really work - ?

Replies

• mshort405
    mshort405 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Spanx! Yes, they are pricey but I don't know what I'd do without them. It's like a second skin and I don't even notice I'm wearing them. I don't wear them everyday, just on certain occasions or with certain outfits. Even after I reach my goal (over a 1/3 of the way there!) I'll still love my Spanx!
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, they're great. But beware that sometimes they are uncomfortable and take a LOT of effort to get on and off! There are other cheaper brands that are good as well. Just go to a department store and try a bunch of things on.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I tried them and for the cost I wasnt that impressed and they ripped fairly quick. I just went back to doing what I used to do. I buy the long line control pantyhose and cut the feet out for wearing under pants. You have to get the ones that claim to 'shape hips and thighs'. They are much cheaper. I know a lot of perople swear by spanx but I cant justify the cost. I definitely see a difference when I wear them. My legs dont look like they need ironing under white/beige pants lol
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I wish that someone WOULD invent a "body iron" to press out wrinkles! Then they could go on Shark Tank and have Lori Greiner get the product on QVC...they'd become a.billionaire...and win the Nobel Prize for Physiology!
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I personally thing NOTHING works quite like Spanx. There are products that are as thin but they don't control as well, and there are products that have as much control, but they're much thicker. They are expensive, but I fined them to be worth every penny. My primary issue is smoothing out bumps and lumps, though, so not sure how they'd work for your issue.
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love Spanx!! They smooth and hide the fat rolls.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeeee my Spanx!!! They are worth the money. The only thing I dont like is that it's hard to put on and make sure you don't drink a lot of water becuase it's hard to get them off and on. LOL!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I wore Spanx under my wedding dress 8 yrs ago and they were great, I still wear them on (rare) occasion. I also got a pair of the more affordable Spanx at Target and they work fine as well. Both are great but I don't find them super comfortable so I don't wear them very often. They do suck everything, that's for sure!