Breaking bad? Yes or no?

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    It glorifies drugs and violence and is helping lead to the desensitization of our culture.

Okay, no, seriously, it's ****ing awesome!

I almost planted drugs on you and killed you with a bike lock before tossing you in a tub of acid.... then I saw your second line and realized you were good people.

Dodged that like bullets from a remote controlled trunk mounted M-60
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    How is this even a question?
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Eh. I've seen a LOT of it because my husband is a huge fan, but it doesn't do anything for me.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It glorifies drugs and violence and is helping lead to the desensitization of our culture.

I almost planted drugs on you and killed you with a bike lock before tossing you in a tub of acid.... then I saw your second line and realized you were good people.

Best scene f*king ever.

Although the Splenda **** was delicious icing.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    No. I have no need to learn how to cook meth and to see a TV program about how broken the medical care system is in this country, BECAUSE 1.) it's meth. 2.) I work in an ER.

You... apparently know absolutely nothing about the show

Actually, I watched quite a few episodes and know the premise quite well. Average American Chemistry Teacher comes down with cancer. Average American Chemistry Teacher realizes he can't afford to pay for life saving treatment. Said Teacher turns to cooking meth to pay for his treatment, so he can live to care for and be cared for by his family.

Seriously, I couldn't get into it AT ALL.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Best scene f*king ever.

Although the Splenda **** was delicious icing.

*cough cough* Spoilers. Ignore us, OP. Pour yourself a big glass of whiskey and enjoy the best show you will ever watch. Period.
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options
    No. I have no need to learn how to cook meth and to see a TV program about how broken the medical care system is in this country, BECAUSE 1.) it's meth. 2.) I work in an ER.

You... apparently know absolutely nothing about the show

Actually, I watched quite a few episodes and know the premise quite well. Average American Chemistry Teacher comes down with cancer. Average American Chemistry Teacher realizes he can't afford to pay for life saving treatment. Said Teacher turns to cooking meth to pay for his treatment, so he can live to care for and be cared for by his family.

Seriously, I couldn't get into it AT ALL.

That was the first 40 minutes of one episode...
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    Haven't seen it
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    nah
  • dontweightup
    dontweightup Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah at this point I would hope that you have made up your mind to watch it. I too heard about it, heard about it, heard about it, but never really considered myself much of a "follower". If anything I wasn't going to watch it just BECAUSE everyone kept telling me to.

Then one day I thought, ok well maybe just one episode. Uhhhh a month later I had completed the entire series. Like many have stated here, it truly is the best show of our generation. I have never once thought, "Gee, wish I hadn't spent all that time watching Breaking Bad". I only wish I could watch it new all over again without knowing the outcome. It's that freaking good.

Oh and I don't consider myself a TV watcher if that tells you anything. I don't have Netflix or Hulu or even cable for that matter. That's how little TV I watch.
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options
    comment_SgeE8QU2O829a1SuYEoPQj3y51eUSpA4.gif
    breaking-bad-memes-and-gifs-40-pics_39.gif
    jesse-dance.gif
    walt-and-jesse-steal-a-barrel-o.gif
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I really liked the show, I watch it now on occasion to pick up on things I missed.
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I watched season 1 in a night and thought it was excellent. It slowed down a few seasons later and it got really slow. Some of the episodes dragged and then it picked up again but its worth watching through them.
    I watched the whole show in about 2 weeks on Netflix and then had to wait for the final episodes to appear on there. I switched over to UK Netflix via a VPN as they werent on the Canadian or American Netflix at the time as it was still airing on regular tv.

The Gus story arc was the highlight for me. The actual ending though for me sucked! I saw it coming a mile away as I'm sure most others did. Felt like the writers just tried to tie everything up. Life is messy and all the lose ends aren't always tied up. Also found many flaws with how they did this. The writing went from fantastic to Hollywood style crap. Gave it a 4 star rating on Netflix instead of 5 due to the shoddy ending.
    The chemistry (no pun intended) between the characters throughout is great though. They all played their parts very well.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It would be significantly cheaper to just get a netflix streaming subscription and watch it there, but absolutely it is totally worth it!! And if you only have time for 1 or 2 episodes, then it will last you a nice long while, rather than binge watching the entire series like i did, TWICE lol. It's an amazing show I watched it since the beginning and got my boyfriend hooked on it right before the last season, thus why i had to watch it all over again lol
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Jesse-Pinkman-escapes.gif

I just want to cuddle him. :love:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Best. Show. Ever.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I liked the first season but lost interest after that. My husband really liked it through the whole series.
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options
    Jesse-Pinkman-escapes.gif

I think you meant that you wanted a mustache ride...

4536_ee74.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

I think you meant that you wanted a mustache ride...

No, I really just want to cuddle him like I do my son.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The show is really good. The only negative is the evolution of Walter. I don't want to go into it too much, but after you've seen the series, we can talk about it!