substitute for plyo - p90x

Options
Hello, I've recently started the p90x workout! It's quite good fun!
Tonight I did the Plymometrics workout. I was quite aware that my neighbours may not have liked it as much as I did! So I had to be a bit more lightfooted and possibly couldn't put my max in to it!
I normally do an insanity workout at my local sports center once a week. It's similar as much as it has lots of jumping, explosive movements and general nastiness!
Do you think it would be appropriate for me to miss out the plyo and go to insanity at the gym once a week without affecting the programme results? I'm just a bit mindful of my neighbours!
Thanks! Lynsey .

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I haven't done P90X, but if the exercise types are similar, I see no harm in it. =) (I'm assuming the main objective for following the program's "schedule" is to ensure you work different muscles in various ways on different days) As long as you're working out, you should see improvements in strength/endurance - which is what you're going for, right?
  • lynseya83
    lynseya83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's really an all round fitness programme lasting 3m that covers strength training on all parts of the body, Plymometrics, Cardio and yoga. ( and stretching on your rest day if you fancy) . I'm quite impressed with it really, it seems nicely written and works you very hard! So I hoped doing the gym ' insanity' class instead of the plyo would be a fair swap!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I see this thread is a little old , but yes go ahead and sub Plyo out for a live class. Sounds like a win win to me. Especially for your neighbors lol. I've done P90X 4 times and I absolutely love what it has done for my life.

Good luck. Feel free to add me if you'd like to compare P90X stories. I'm currently just about to finish my first round of X3.