What kind of things do you eat for dinner?

Options
Sometimes I cook dinner but I'm young so there's not much I can make and sometimes I'm too lazy to actually cook. Sometimes I'll have brown rice and veggies, other times I'll have fish and veggies etc. but mainly I'll just have random healthy things that aren't proper meals just lots of little things put together and that's not too good. Like random fruits or granola bars or soup or frozen meals or just things that aren't actual meals. I'm going to try and be preparing dinner now and tonight I'm thinking of making potatoes with veggies, I'm not sure yet.

But I'd like more ideas if possible! What kind of things do you eat for dinner?! Thanks!

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I love shrimps because they are soo yummy and so low in calories!! I often grill them and have some veggies and couscous. Salmon / Tilapia are also great for that.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like to make a bunch of brown rice in my rice cooker and then have it on hand. I mix about 1/2 cup of it with various things -- roasted or steamed veggies, Boca or Morningstar crumbles, no-fat refried beans, black beans, bits of grilled chicken or fish... Sometimes I'll wrap it all up in a high fiber, high protein wrap (Santa Fe Tortilla Company or La Tortilla Factory). I almost always have raw carrots or a piece of fruit alongside to round things out.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Lots of big salads with some kind of protein, a hard boiled egg, grilled meat, beans, shrimp, etc.

I also make a pot of healthy soup once a week and use that all weeklong for lunches and to supplement dinners.

I agree on the big batch of brown rice to mix into different items.

You can make pizza too, use a whole grain tortilla or english muffin, a sauce, veggies, and a little low fat mozzarella.

Good Luck!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I end up with chicken and green beans a lot simply because I like both. Chicken can be cooked so many different ways and green beans are low in calories so I can fill up without killing my calorie count.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Get a crock pot. They're fantastic. Toss some chicken (or any other meat) in there with some fresh veggies (or a bag of frozen veggies), a bit of spices, and you have a tasty meal waiting for you when you come home. Cook enough, and you can eat for days.

I'm on a lentil kick lately, and I'm trying to use them to replace my husband's favorite (and sodium packed) Rice A Roni. Boil them for a half hour, use as you would a bed of rice, and you have a protein and fiber packed dinner.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    stir fry is great! :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken breast with different seasonings, sweet potatos with a teaspoon of splenda/brown sugar, broccoli & cauliflower, stir fry zuccini & yellow oninons.

I'm only eating chicken and fish as my main proteins.
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lots of big salads with some kind of protein, a hard boiled egg, grilled meat, beans, shrimp, etc.

I also make a pot of healthy soup once a week and use that all weeklong for lunches and to supplement dinners.

I agree on the big batch of brown rice to mix into different items.

You can make pizza too, use a whole grain tortilla or english muffin, a sauce, veggies, and a little low fat mozzarella.

Good Luck!

I agree with salad. I love salad and adding some protein is a great way to have a healthy meal for dinner. I also like add grill chicken, hard-boiled eggs, and even tuna (just make sure to use lowfat mayo). If you are making lifestyle changes, then you can have everything for dinner, but with much moderation and before six o'clock. Try to use whole weat pastas, brown rice, instead of sugar use splenda. Good luck with you journey!!!!
  • mariamxo
    Options
    Thank you so much! All sounds really good :) See, like yesterday my dinner consisted of 2 clementines, a fiber bar, activia yogurt and dry cheerios, like just little things thrown together but not very meal-like. But thank you all, definitely need to try these!