DESSERT IDEAS WANTED!

Options

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Think of your favourite desserts and portion them out to reasonable sizes that fit into your calorie goal.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My go to treat is so simple, takes seconds to prepare, and 80 calories or less... A sugar free snack pack pudding cup (70 calories for chocolate) scooped into a plain ice cream cone (10 calories). Switch the chocolate for sugar free vanilla and total calories are 70. So simple and a great after dinner dessert!
  • LeeAnne210
    LeeAnne210 Posts: 40
    Options
    !! Yum! Sadly..we don't have sugar free puddings...third world country...one serving of pudding is about 120 calories...which is still pretty low I suppose...
  • KCBrue1
    KCBrue1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe the other day. I'm not saying it's extremely low-calorie, but you're not going to get fat from eating bananas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkhKYx0pYs

I am in love with this. I want it now.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    the dark frozen cherries are the best... but be careful. i used to go crazy with these, and at way too many at a sitting. they were delicious, though :D
    buy organic frozen cherries. eat za cherries. be amazed
  • chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am cutting a banana into slices putting PB in between two of the slices covering it in some melted dark chocolate then freezing them. Soooo good! Haven't look at any calories or anything yet though!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Red Raspberry Whole Wheat Muffins

1 cup King Arthur All Natural Unbleached White Whole Wheat flour
    1/4 cup Quick oats or rolled oats
    1 cup Kashi GoLean Crisp Cinnamon Crumble cereal, slightly crushed
    1/2 cup Sugar
    1 tsp Baking powder (double acting)
    1 egg, beaten
    1/4 cup Banana, mashed to a puree
    1 cup Milk
    1/4 cup Raisins
    1 cup Red raspberries (Frozen works best)

Optional Additions:

1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
    2-3 tbsps. chocolate chips (white, milk or dark) - I sometimes like to use these for a topping
    1/2 tsp Baking soda

Multiple ways to make your own substitutions for ingredients too.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, except baking powder. Mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl. Add baking powder to dry ingredients and then quickly mix in the wet ingredients until just moisened. Gently fold in raspberries and raisins. Fill muffin cups almost to the top and bake for 20-25 mins until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!

Makes 9 muffins

Nutrition Info (as made above):

Calories per muffin - 160, Protein - 6, Fiber - 4, Fat - 2, Sodium - 90, Carbs - 32, Sugar - ? (I don't track it)

*Tip - If using a 12 cup muffin tin you'll have three empty cups. Fill these 2/3rds with water so your muffins bake evenly. OR you could put less batter in each cup to make a dozen.

This is my modified version of the Very Berry Oatmeal Muffins recipe found on Food.com. CAUTION - If you try the original recipe, DO NOT use 1 tbsp of baking powder. Your muffins will taste VERY bitter because that's way too much.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I came up with this one day when I had 2 real ripe banana. I call it a banana nut bread shake. So if you like banana nut bread and you want to drink a frozen version of it, then try this.

3 cups Kroger deluxe churned nos sugar added 40% less fat Souther Crunch Butter Pean Ice Cream.

2 medium ripe bananas. Even the real ripe ones.

1 cup 1% reduced fat milk.

That should make 4 8 oz servings.

Calories 275 carbs 46 fat 8 protien 9 sodium 128 sugar 18.

This is one of my familys favorites and it is so good!:drinker:
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe the other day. I'm not saying it's extremely low-calorie, but you're not going to get fat from eating bananas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkhKYx0pYs

I am in love with this. I want it now.
    When I typed this in it said not abailable so what is it.
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just had this for breakfast, and it may seem too simple to be worth raving about, but trust me, it's excellent. 3/4 cup of Trader Joe's Plain Greek Style Yogurt (it has a natural sweetness that is so nice) and 1 cup of fresh blueberries. Voila! It's delicious, filling, and only 278 calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    One dessert my husband and I like is splitting a banana and mashing half with a bit of Nutkao (like Nutella). It is a small amount of food but very satisfying & definitely puts the sweet tooth at bay!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Mini Biscotto, Strawberries and Whip Cream - Yum!
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but those 40 calorie no sugar added fudgesicles are a lifesaver, no joke. Obviously not a good option if you're serving guests, but if you desperately need something sweet and surprisingly satisfying and don't feel like actually making anything...they're very convenient.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and hot chocolate powder sprinkled on em as a midnight snack last night (technically this morning).

it was goooooooooooood.
  • raintail8
    raintail8 Posts: 18
    Options
    Alrightie- some ice cream. Blend up a cup and a half of bananas with about 5 cups of strawberries, add two tsp of honey and a package of stevia… and voila! low-cal ice cream that is both sweet and tasty and healthy! For more recipes, see where I got the idea:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9AaNqs1jFc&list=UUnP_T4dI2JYG7BnH42PC9qw
    enjoy! :)
  • KatieMcCakes
    KatieMcCakes Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries dusted with a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder. Came up with this one due to a desperate chocolate craving, and it was actually pretty good. :) I would recommend adding a dip of Greek yogurt if you need something creamy.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Pretzel rods and a jar of Nutella.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have no idea how many servings it makes--but it's a bunch. The recipe makes close to 4-6 cups, if I remember correctly.

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
    1 tub of Kozy Shack Chocolate Pudding
    1 small tub of Cool Whip Free
    *Mix together and serve cool or freezer for a light "ice cream".

I just entered this into the recipe calculator using 8 servings and it turned up with 152 calories, 2 grams of fat and 1 gram of protein per serving. Delicious! :)

Edited to correct my Friday-stupid. :)